You know, it occurred to me after reading most of these threads

Israel

BANNED
Necessary things.

gordon 2

Paul was not exactly an Ernest Hemingway---but nevertheless... what he had to say regardless of his way of saying it is relevant. Also I don't think he was into impressing anyone with his use of language. Content, content, is but content.

People with their political content all over the place just to be read and unhappy of people who's spiritual content is as theirs all over the place might be, no is a laughable matter. It is funny as Judas busting his gut.

Semper you have always been uneasy with the way threads go. That is you. I personally don't mind you.

If Ronny was here I think, hopefully correctly, that people should not be discouraged to be here--- regardless of personally, annoying factor and creative writing skills.

A plain spoken lost man only needs to open up the Political Forum to feel right at home. Most treads there are sour grape views of society due to cut and pastes from various media... someone comments and then others pile up on the tackle that some other completely off the forum made.

But where Elvis Presley can be a god, so Ernest Hemingway might be. William Faulkner the great writer of the South would make some here to take conniption fit-- EH style writing might be the ticket to concerns that a lost person might be less bewildered and so Paul's quotes also.

So maybe we should refrain from Paul for the benefit of the lost or the judgement that some seek the limelight out or due the real light.

And as far as being smart, Herman Melville was smart yet he wrote in a style three generations before his time and still speaks to many generations after his.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Paul was not exactly an Ernest Hemingway---but nevertheless... what he had to say regardless of his way of saying it is relevant. Also I don't think he was into impressing anyone with his use of language. Content, content, is but content.

People with their political content all over the place just to be read and unhappy of people who's spiritual content is as theirs all over the place might be, no is a laughable matter. It is funny as Judas busting his gut.

Semper you have always been uneasy with the way threads go. That is you. I personally don't mind you.

If Ronny was here I think, hopefully correctly, that people should not be discouraged to be here--- regardless of personally, annoying factor and creative writing skills.

A plain spoken lost man only needs to open up the Political Forum to feel right at home. Most treads there are sour grape views of society due to cut and pastes from various media... someone comments and then others pile up on the tackle that some other completely off the forum made.

But where Elvis Presley can be a god, so Ernest Hemingway might be. William Faulkner the great writer of the South would make some here to take conniption fit-- EH style writing might be the ticket to concerns that a lost person might be less bewildered and so Paul's quotes also.

I could address each point, but I won't. What I stated in the first post is true and has been validated as such by others. Suffice it to say the members/posters of the Political Forum aren't called to be, nor do they hold themselves up to be a light to the lost, but then again maybe the one's offended by my post don't either, in which case I cede the point. To the one's that do, I hope it give's pause to reflect. It did me when I realized that I had been guilty as well.

Last edited:

gordon 2

Well when I first got here I felt lost. I stuck with it and feel less so. I'm not here to teach, I'm here for learn and in my estimation most are here to learn. Somethin about fellowship.

I don't get that some people try to make themselves smart here... because they know stuff, but are smart perhaps because they know they don't.

But let's try it your way. Hemingway's English only. Let's see if the lost pile in? You might be correct... No firefly flickering to each other... only bees bring home the honey.

In my experience it will end up being a classroom teaching on what the bible does not say and how to avoid it. But alas, let's get going... a no derail thread beacon to the lost.

I'm knocking.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
You’re one of the worst offenders. There are men far smarter than either one of us who make their points much better and don’t waste people’s time with their verbosity. I’m not going to debate this with you and I’m not interested in more posts like the one above.

Only

one of the worst offenders.
?

Take heart brother, there's hope of being delivered from flattery for both of us.