Your Most Embarrassing Moment While Hunting!

krizia829

At 11 years old I shot my first deer, started dancing breaking it down in front of everyone, and didn't notice the barb wire fence I climbed over cut my pants and I ripped them completely by the back!! Good thing I had pants under :ROFLMAO: I remember it like it was yesterday!

What's your most embarrassing moment while hunting??

j_seph

We were down at Oaky Woods hunting hogs on the powerline. I was sitting on a dove stool against a pine tree. After a late night and about 10 am I nodded off. All of a sudden I heard a gunshot behind me and felt a tingling throughout my body and my head hurt badly. I am in frantic mode hollering out to someone that they just shot me while feeling all over trying to find the blood. No blood and me still hollering at the idiot. I get back to the camper and while eating lunch one of the old men with us asked did anyone else hear that sonic boom. Ah ha, I had leaned forward on my stool while napping, the sonic boom startled me so bad I had raised up and nailed my head against that pine tree. Felt just a little stupid lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We were down at Oaky Woods hunting hogs on the powerline. I was sitting on a dove stool against a pine tree. After a late night and about 10 am I nodded off. All of a sudden I heard a gunshot behind me and felt a tingling throughout my body and my head hurt badly. I am in frantic mode hollering out to someone that they just shot me while feeling all over trying to find the blood. No blood and me still hollering at the idiot. I get back to the camper and while eating lunch one of the old men with us asked did anyone else hear that sonic boom. Ah ha, I had leaned forward on my stool while napping, the sonic boom startled me so bad I had raised up and nailed my head against that pine tree. Felt just a little stupid lol
:rofl:

175FO

It never fails that when I park my truck to go walk into the woods that I need to do a number 2. One morning about 2 years ago I pull in an hour or so before daylight, drinking my coffee on the ride in. Sure enough it hits me just as I step out of the truck. So I grab my TP and baby wipes and go find a spot. Drop my pants and as I'm doing my business I accidentally hit the panic button on my key fob in my pocket. So there I am with my pants around my ankles squatting against a tree while my horn in blowing and headlights flashing. I finished up as quick as I could, and hopped back in the truck and got out of there, figure I blew out anything that would have been in that spot.

DSGB

When I was in 7th grade, my girlfriend's brother invited me to go hunting with them. It was one of the first times I had gone hunting without my dad or grandfather. I forget my boots and had to wear tennis shoes. We had to cross a creek on the way to my stand, so I sat there all morning with cold, wet feet and couldn't even shoot anything since I also forgot bullets.

Blackston

About 12 yo old we got invited a few times to hunt a farm that bordered tuckahoe on river rd ( I think ) the camp was on that rd but you had to drive forever back up and around to access other side of the 400+ acres In my mind the other hunters were miles away. A buddy of mines older bro was hunting a farm up the road and came by to visit I was sitting in a tree and saw him coming so I got down. He had just missed a big buck and wanted to check his rifle. I convinced him the other hunters were miles away so it would be ok to check his rifle After about 6or 7 shots everybody hunting showed back up MAD ?. We never got invited back I worshipped my buddies older brother and at the end of the day He ,my dad , and all his friends were not happy with me.

Gator89

Drove two hours to deer lease. Park get out of truck, change into boots, strap on back pack, ready to hit trail to stand, but no gun.

Sheepishly call wifey, honey will you meet me half way with my rifle.....

:oops:

ryanh487

When I was in high school I arrowed a doe right before dark. I trailed her and found her and started dragging her back to where I had come from and my flashlight died. I tied flagging to a tree and had to walk back to camp (I could see our light pole over the trees) and busted through brush/etc until I got there. Got help and new flashlights and when they found where the deer was originally laying it was only 20 yards from the road to camp. I had dragged it up hill back towards my stand without realizing I'd followed the trail over the ridge and was right there by camp. Still get grief for it 17 years later.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Following my son across a fallen tree over a large creek last turkey season. 40 degrees and I fall head first over another log 8 ft down and hit it about the waist with my arm pinned under me. My face was buried in creek muck 3 ft under water. (picture Deliverance scene, but with water involved)Between the cold and the wind knocked out of me, I wondered if I was going to drown since I couldn't move. I sorta was ready to drown since I knew I'd ruined any chance at the 2 gobblers screaming 150 yards across the creek. I waited and waited some more for my son to drag me out. I finally decided I better get above water and he's standing on the bank staring, and says "I wondered how long you were gonna stay under". ????Lol Guess he didn't want to get wet too. Well he had to drag me up the bank like a slug with my good arm, after I sat there in the water a while wondering if any bones were sticking out. Then I had a 600 yard limp uphill to the truck. My hip and groin were wrecked and my mangled blackened wrist and forearm still hurts 10 months later. Since, both injuries were on same side he had to shove me into his lifted truck. Then my daughter n law proceeded to stare at me at the house, as my son pulled off my Lacrosse rubber boots and shirt that flooded the garage.

Worst part was walking around a month with a busted wrist and not being able to grip and button my jeans wondering if my zipper was going to come unlocked and my pants fall down. I'm still embarrassed.

Laman

Drove two hours to deer lease. Park get out of truck, change into boots, strap on back pack, ready to hit trail to stand, but no gun.

Sheepishly call wifey, honey will you meet me half way with my rifle.....

:oops:
I always have two extra rifles at the camp and its surprising how many times I have to loan them out to the "forgetters", guest and members.

krizia829

lol! That must've hurt pretty good!! hahaha

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I was hunting a spot about 100 yards off a county highway once and a Very large woman started walking towards me from the road. She was mouthing off ranting and mumbling as she walked. I got skinny behind the tree but was still watching her. She stopped looked around and dropped her pants to her ankles. What i saw and heard next scarred me for life.. I never hunted there again... Lol.

I once found out about a white squirrel from a friend of mine on some public ground. I sat there all day waiting on that squirrel to show up. At 1:00 that afternoon I saw the squirrel. It was out of range so I took off running towards it to flush it up a tree. I tripped and fell flat on my face. When I got up the squirrel was gone. I was bleeding. Never did see it again.

Mark K

Banned
I was deer hunting a friends small acreage many years ago that was surrounded by other larger owned acreage. I always parked at the front of the property in the pines and walked back to the hardwoods along the property line on our side of the fence.

Running late one afternoon, I just grabbed my vest and bow. Figured I didn’t need my pack anyways.

I had no more got settled in and it hit. The urge seemed instantaneous and overwhelming! So much so, at that moment I didn’t even care that I didn’t have any TP.

I climbed down as quick as I could without driving home naked and proceeded to try and make it to my truck. I was just about out of the hardwoods when the countdown began.

I threw the bow down and had just cleared the knees when all heck broke loose. I mean I broke out in sweat!! I grabbed my trusty knife and just about the time I was about to start cutting up the underroos, I heard a voice asking, “What the H did you eat!?!?”

I looked up to see a guy right across the property line in a climber!! He said I came through earlier so quick to get to my stand he didn’t have time to make his presence known, lol.

As I finished the cleanup job he climbed down without saying another word. Never saw anyone hunting the line again.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Went on my 1st elk hunt fall of 2015.
I took advice of those who'd been before, I took it to extremes and joined a gun club with a 400 yard range and I shot my old 700 30-06 every Monday for a year!!!! Very rarely did I miss a week.
Had a buddy help me remount my bases, rings, scope, free float the barrel.
I treated that old rifle like a golden egg for a year. Carried it everywhere in a foam hard case. Spent couple/few hundred bucks on ammo. Got to where I could hit inside paper plate size at 400 yards every shot! every Monday! No matter the wind, no matter the temp, humidity, air pressure, not matter anything!! I was proud!!!!
Got to Wyoming and took it out of foam hard case cause it was going on my assigned mule in just a minute. I leaned it up against the tailgate .......and many of y'all have probably heard that sliding sound before.....it slid off the tailgate. And I'm no Jedi so i stood there with my brother, our guide that we'd just met, and some new friends and watched that thing crash on the river rocks! What an awfull sound!!
WOW! I was broken hearted and very embarrassed!!!

Last edited:

krizia829

I was deer hunting a friends small acreage many years ago that was surrounded by other larger owned acreage. I always parked at the front of the property in the pines and walked back to the hardwoods along the property line on our side of the fence.

Running late one afternoon, I just grabbed my vest and bow. Figured I didn’t need my pack anyways.

I had no more got settled in and it hit. The urge seemed instantaneous and overwhelming! So much so, at that moment I didn’t even care that I didn’t have any TP.

I climbed down as quick as I could without driving home naked and proceeded to try and make it to my truck. I was just about out of the hardwoods when the countdown began.

I threw the bow down and had just cleared the knees when all heck broke loose. I mean I broke out in sweat!! I grabbed my trusty knife and just about the time I was about to start cutting up the underroos, I heard a voice asking, “What the H did you eat!?!?”

I looked up to see a guy right across the property line in a climber!! He said I came through earlier so quick to get to my stand he didn’t have time to make his presence known, lol.

As I finished the cleanup job he climbed down without saying another word. Never saw anyone hunting the line again.
lol! aw man what a bad one.. thankfully i've never had an emergency like that :D not yet at least lol seems like everyone eventually does!

sea trout

I'm not technologic expert either but I tried to impress my wife one mountain WMA turkey hunt years ago with my bran new Garmin handheld!!!!!!!
Wow!!!
We walked around in circles for hours! This thing was trying to get us to walk through peoples yards! Up this mountain and back down it then it says go up it again!
My wife was getting impatient and very unimpressed!
Our marrige was new and she didn't like turkey huntin anyway!
She insisted the truck was up that mountain and I insisted that we have to follow the new Garmin!!
About lunch time I finnaly realized that the handheld was set to a totally different gate than the one we parked at.

jgunnsmith

Shot a hole right through the floorboard of the truck with a .243 when I was 11-12. Went to flip the safety off and check to see if it was loaded. Musta had my finger on the trigger. Windows were rolled up, and my ears are still ringing. Learned more about gun safety with that episode than any other time. Don’t know where the bullet went, we never had any problems out of the truck.

sea trout

Shot a hole right through the floorboard of the truck with a .243 when I was 11-12. Went to flip the safety off and check to see if it was loaded. Musta had my finger on the trigger. Windows were rolled up, and my ears are still ringing. Learned more about gun safety with that episode than any other time. Don’t know where the bullet went, we never had any problems out of the truck.

As teens my buddy shot a hole through the floorboard of my toyota pickup with an 8mm mauser. The windows were rolled up and my ears still ringin too!!
Bullet went through brake line. Luckily the truck was a stick and I could down shift all the way to a crawl.
Had to crawl in 1st all the way home from Mayesville to Commerce

Latest posts