Your thoughts on high fence hunting

SADDADDY

Ga-Spur said:
It is wrong to hunt a wild animal in an enclosure it can't escape from.

yeah people pay good $$ everyday to look at animals in cages :pop:

what if we baited a high fence hunting area and ran a pack of dogs thru there...that would at least be some sort of chase :shoot: :shoot:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
SADDADDY said:
what if we baited a high fence hunting area and ran a pack of dogs thru there...that would at least be some sort of chase :shoot: :shoot:

Yeah...we could arm the dogs with crossbows mounted to their backs, and everyone could still hunt with scope-equipped muzzle loaders.

:clap: :rofl:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Be it 20 acre's or 20,000 acres. If either are fenced, the deer aren't leaving those propertys. Doesn't seem like fair chase to me.

Tommy

one_shot_no_mor

Don't like...

I don't think it's right to shoot at ANY mammal that's inside a fence and can't escape...

:crazy: :crazy:

I'd MUCH rather go to a "pheasant shoot" and blast them out of the air as quick as someone can throw them up!! ::ke: ::ke:

Parker Phoenix

Geez, so I suppose everyone here has given up store bought chicken, pork, and beef and have started consuming only free range animals.

H

HT2

P P.........

Parker Phoenix said:
Geez, so I suppose everyone here has given up store bought chicken, pork, and beef and have started consuming only free range animals.
Naw, I don't think that is exactly the same thing..........I ain't seen nobody payin' out the "gazoo" to out to Texas to hunt chickens, pigs, or cows....... :D :D :D If they do, they got more money than sense.......

IMO.......

I don't like the high fence hunting deal.........Just don't seem right to me........But, that's just my opinion.......

GeauxLSU

Parker Phoenix said:
No, in some situations I still have to pay others to do my killing. But I don't think Perdue farms calls it hunting.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Parker Phoenix said:

Let's put it this way, I've never asked my wife to go to Kroger and hunt me a pack of ham. There's no point in calling it that cause the ham is right where the clerk left it on the side aisle right next to the pickle loaf.

Just like there is no way to hunt a deer inside a fence. He ain't went no where. He's still right there where the owner left him in the pen right beside the corn. :bounce:

raghorn

BBurn said:
If I win the lottery, I may feel differently.... but I think High Fence hunting does more harm to the sport of hunting than the occasional spot-lighter.

In today's world, the anti's use everything they can to try to take away our rights. I understand that most high fence areas cover hundreds if not thousands of acres, and the deer are wild and roam around freely, but they can only go so far. It is easy to see why the public perception is that a hunter can walk around inside a fenced in area and shoot a monster buck at will. I watched a show on TV the other day where a hunter (dressed to the hilt in camo, face painted, and with muzzleloader in hand) and his guide (blue jeans, white cowboy hat, and T-shirt) "stalked" across an open field to within 75 yards of a huge feeding elk before standing up and dropping him in his tracks. The elk was looking at them the whole time as if to say "What kind of food are you bringing me today?". You and I know that this is not "the real world", but I'm sure that "hunter" paid big bucks for that trophy. And yes, there was a high fence in the background.

On the issue of high fence hunting and the comparison to poaching, a person actually pays to hunt game legally and is not breaking any laws. A poacher is not a true hunter, but he is a criminal breaking laws that hopefully will put him in jail. But they both contribute to the fuel for the anti's and their cause.

When we say 100% Wild and 100% Fair Chase, why don't we True Hunters ensure that it is. My suggestion to the High Rolling-High Fence-Trophy Hunters is to take your big bucks and hire a good ol' country boy to TEACH you how to hunt and then go out and get you one on your own. You can save lots of money....and probably have alot better time. Or pay a good guide to take you out on a truly free range hunt. Either way, at least you can think you are earning your trophy. For the poachers out there, I hope you get caught and I'll vote for any one who will pass laws to keep you in jail.

Oh yea, that lottery thing, wouldn't change me a bit. I know success can be bought, but true success is in the eye of the beholder. :flag:
I can't improve on this answer.

reylamb

What about hunting on Sapelo or Ossabow? Is that shooting or is that hunting, seeing as how the deer can't exactly load up the boat and leave whenever they want?