Youtube series regarding hunting season

So this is an idea, that I have had bouncing around in my head for the past year or so, I'm not sure how to make it work, or really even go about starting it, so I thought I'd post it here, thinking that maybe I could get some help with my idea, tips, etc.
So my idea is a YouTube series (one episode would be like 15 minutes, and would lead directly into the next episode.) It would be filmed over the course of a hunting season, and would basically show my hunting season. (Food plot prep, planting, hunting, putting stands up, all of the above). The idea is that it would be filmed cinematically, the thought is that it would kind of hopefully look like LunkersTV's fishing tournament series.
I just really have no clue how to pull this off, or for that matter, if anybody would even watch something like this.
Any help is appreciated, and if you have any ideas for how to film all this, please, leave them on this thread!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So this is an idea, that I have had bouncing around in my head for the past year or so, I'm not sure how to make it work, or really even go about starting it, so I thought I'd post it here, thinking that maybe I could get some help with my idea, tips, etc.
So my idea is a YouTube series (one episode would be like 15 minutes, and would lead directly into the next episode.) It would be filmed over the course of a hunting season, and would basically show my hunting season. (Food plot prep, planting, hunting, putting stands up, all of the above). The idea is that it would be filmed cinematically, the thought is that it would kind of hopefully look like LunkersTV's fishing tournament series.
I just really have no clue how to pull this off, or for that matter, if anybody would even watch something like this.
Any help is appreciated, and if you have any ideas for how to film all this, please, leave them on this thread!
Go watch "The Back 40" or "7 days in November" series on Meateater's Youtube channel.

krizia829

I think it's a great idea! I see it as an opportunity to better yourself as a hunter and outdoorsman as you can look back and see your progress and learn as you go. Others can learn from you as well and try something different themselves. I watch certain channels to learn, some videos for pure entertainment and have my handful of channels that bring me joy during tough times.

As much as some people trash talk YouTubers, I think it's a neat platform to share your own videos. Give it a shot and see how it works out for you! Don't worry so much about the editing part of it. I started my own channel about a year ago and only have 7 subscribers lol it's not easy and you have to be persistent. I do it for entertainment really.. I don't "teach" anything on my channel. I wish I can make more videos on the regular but with a full time job and two kids, it's not easy for me..

Start out with an intro video explaining who you are, what you plan to do with your channel and throw some b-roll clips on there to give your viewers an idea of what you have to offer. Then, start your first video with the very first thing you do to prepare for hunting season. You'd be surprised how many people enjoy the simple videos out there. Go to your top 5 channels that you like and watch their first few videos so you can see how different it was compared to now.

Make sure you read and understand their policies as they are strict with certain things, such as music, language and content, etc. Good luck!

treadwell

Please, please, please.....if you put music as a background, keep the volume down. I personally click off if it get to crazy with the music. (Yes, some might like it, good for you.) I have a habit of actually reading the comments on a lot of vids and it's a very reoccurring complaint....the music overpowering the vid. You asked, I just said my $.02 worth. Good luck.

Timberman

Hunt Club TV by Phillip Culpepper jr does that. Chronicles a season from start to finish.