Zap a Gap ?

kirby999

A question for those who know. I ordered a small bottle of Zap A Gap to use on some foam spiders ; I'd read that it was the most popular . The Loctite super glue I was using seemed to weaken the rubber leg material . Now I read on the back of the Zap A Gap , not to come in contact with foam materials and fabric . ??? What gives ? Although I whip finish most of my ties , some of the foam bugs will turn on the hook if not glued down . I have started to use kinked popper hooks , but the smallest I've found are size 12 and they are a little long IMO for the preformed spider bodies . Dryfly hooks look the best . kirby

gabreamfanatic

i dont use it but what i use is crazy glue with the brush handle. just dont get to much of it on the foam and you will be fine.

luv2drum

I think zap-a-gap puts out a glue that is foam safe. I might be mistaken, but I thought I saw some in a shop and it said it was made for foam. I just looked it up. ZAP-O CA+ is safe for all hobby and craft foams.

allenww

I use a water-based tying glue in a slit in the foam, but I also use kinked back hooks. Tight body sections helps.

None of it is 100%, but it all helps.

I am always hoping for a fish large enough to tear up my bug.

wa