Zone 2 Gator

sportsman94

I cashed in 6 years of points and decided to go with a guide. We weren’t able to get on a gator and he is booked for the rest of the season unless someone cancels. If anyone has a seat on their boat in zone 2 and would help me fill a tag it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JonathonJEB

I hate that. Did yall pass on smaller ones or just didn't find any?

sportsman94

We really didn’t pass on any since I wasn’t picky. They were just extremely spooky. We would cast on them and they would go under as soon as the hook got air born. Thought I’d be his easiest client since I was open to just about any size gator!

JonathonJEB

We noticed that later in the week they were extremelyspooky. If you find a ride let me know and I will pm you some waypoints where we seen legal gators. They may not be there still but they were off the beaten path. They where not giants but for sure good meat gators.

Nerf Warrior

My buddy and I are leaving weds to try our luck. We do it on our own, we are not guides and we may not see a gator but we will enjoy our time out there. We don't drink or party but there may be a couple of "hey watch this" moments. We have been several times and we have taken 3 gators in the past. You are welcome to join us if something like this interest you.

brandonsc

Hunted in zone 2 with a guide last night. Passed a 5-6’ small gator as soon as we got on the water. We saw probably 50 gators. They were all really spooky and didn’t want to come off the banks. They also liked to stay in the trees where you couldn’t hook em. We were on the river from 9pm till about noon today. Hooked one in the 7-8’ range but he came unhooked. Still got my zone 2 tag may try to go back down from north Ga again before the season closes

Toliver

Hunted in zone 2 with a guide last night. Passed a 5-6’ small gator as soon as we got on the water. We saw probably 50 gators. They were all really spooky and didn’t want to come off the banks. They also liked to stay in the trees where you couldn’t hook em. We were on the river from 9pm till about noon today. Hooked one in the 7-8’ range but he came unhooked. Still got my zone 2 tag may try to go back down from north Ga again before the season closes
Last weekend coming up. Are you/did you get back on the lake?

sportsman94

Tag soup for me too! I ended up going back down with Nerf Warrior and had a great time. We hooked into a few, but couldn’t get them to the boat. Learned some lessons this year and will be doing it again in a few years lord willing

brandonsc

I had 9 points when I drew my tag with 6 points. So currently have 3, I plan on going back down once I can draw again

Nerf Warrior

Tag soup for me too! I ended up going back down with Nerf Warrior and had a great time. We hooked into a few, but couldn’t get them to the boat. Learned some lessons this year and will be doing it again in a few years lord willing
We had originally planned on coming back the next week and was gonna contact you to see if you wanted to join us again. We learned a lot on this trip some from mistakes and some from trial and observation and feel like we had figured out the approach we needed take to fill our tag for where we were hunting. Ended up having to leave a day earlier than planned due to my wife's mother being rushed to hospital and then with her passing a few days later we didn't go back. We did have a great time with some beautiful scenery and it was great meeting you. Maybe we can hook up and try it again sometime..

Last edited: