New to the area - JIT for turkey season!

rustvyper

Hello all, I just got stationed at Robins AFB - bought a house in Kathleen.
Anybody got the 411 on some good turkey spots on the WMA? I'm just a hop-skip & jump from the Oaky Woods WMA & I'm also willing to drive.
We moved from San Antonio TX & it was a little too pricey for me to go last year. Looking forward to having public land again!

Buckerama

Im not to familiar with turkeys on oaky woods, but I know where they are at ocmulgee! its not to far from oaky, shoot me a pm if your intrested.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I'm in Warner Robins, but I don't hunt public land. Been to Oaky Woods a couple of times with no success.

rustvyper

well unfortuantly until I'm done serving my country I have to stick to public land. Thank God for it, 'cuz I'd go crazy! but I agree, I'm going to try to make it back to my dad's farm once this year. Private always beats public IMO.

Booner Killa

welcome to Ga bud. The key to hunting public land in Ga is scouting scouting scouting. It's hard too because a lot of em have a lot of pressure. Start scouting and keep your mouth shut when you find em. You sound like you'll get after em pretty hard so try your best to get away from everyone else. Put some MILES on your feet and it will pay off. I wish I was closer, I'd help you out but I'm on the northeast side of Atlanta. Good luck though bro and keep us posted on your progress.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I'd be pleased to join up with you sometime.