Williams Custom Calls helps w/earlybird

blindhog

7:26 AM.....SMACKED a 22lb 10.5" beard w/1.25 spurs.

Moved in on a gobbling bird in the tree.

Used Alex's glass and a slate from him. Did some tree yelps.....did the cap on the leg flydown call....did the pine stick in the leaves scratching....cluked and purred with each call....scracthed some more.

Heard the gobbling bird fly down about 60 yds. Set up in his direction.......heard another bird to the left flydown....

It was a silent gobbler from the left sneaking in fast...strutting.....he got suspicious...I was shaking from holding the gun awkwardly

He putted ,...came out from behind a tree....BLAM!

25 steps from my tree.

Will post pictures later.

Last edited:

blindhog

These are the pics from this morning's hunt.

7.jpg

4.jpg

Turkey.jpg

8.jpg

alex30808

AWESOME!!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!!!!!Congrats bud...I'll be putting this on the site!! Email me the photos...and thanks mentioning the name and the calls.

gobblingghost

Well it looks like a blindhog found acorn. ::; But are you sure that was fair chase. ::ke: You know hunting in a pen is not fair you have to atleast open the pen and let him out:shoot: :D .
Congrats

blindhog

There is a timed release, at 7:25 am, and them gobblers is raring to git out on time! :yeah:

All ya got to do is be at the right place at the right time.

Where's your bird ..Ghost? :D Can't get him laying in the bed, letting a little 45 min drive scare you off!::ke:

congrates. i hear that those willaims calles are so good that the state is looking at outlawing them becouse its not fare for the turkeys. lol:rofl: :rofl: