Lynch Box Calls ???

pseshooter

I know I read a thread on here but I can not find it so I will ask the question again. I have a Lynch Box Call that says 1958 on the side of it. I believe it was made in Miss. Is this the newer version that is not worth very much. Is there a website that I can go to and find out about Lynch calls? Thanks

Dudley Do-Wrong

If it was made in 1958, it had to be in Alabama. Lynch's operations didn't move to Mississippi till some years later. I don't know when Lynch started making calls exactly, but he started in Homewood Alabama I believe. It was in the late 60's(???) when operations was moved to Liberty Mississippi. I hear that Lynch is now HQ'd in Thomaston Georgia. I also heard that the year marked is the year the model of that call was designed. Now, watch someone come in here and make a fool of me.

Last edited:

dutchman

I have a Lynch World Champion with 1958 on the side also. I have a newer one (bought new in about 1988) that lacks the 1958 date.

However, I don't know anything about the collectibility of the call.

Turkeycaller

Lynch did indeed make a 1958 call in Mississippi.
1958 is NOT the year the call was made......I think it was the patent date.
You can buy them all day long for around $50.00
I will post a pic.

TC

MISSING RIDGE

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lynch Turkey Call

Lynch put the 1958 date on his World Champion 102 caller to designate when the design of the call was frozen-calls made before 1970 were made in Alabama and Allen Jenkins bought the Lynch Company in 1970 and moved it to Liberty Miss. the 102 model still carried the 1958 date (the design freeze date). Allen Jenkins moved the business to Thomaston,Ga. in the 90's.