Deer Sausage

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Can You Make Deer Sausage From Frozen Deer Meat And If So What All Goes In It?

frankwright

Sure, while I have never done it, I am sure a lot of people make their sausage later after it has been in the freezer for a while. There are many places that sell the cures and seasonings necessary to make sausage. Of course you will need some sort of grinder to mix the meat.
Do an internet search for "deer sausage making" and you will find all kinds of mixes and instructions.
Good Luck!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
mine is already ground i thought maybe sage, salt, opepper, and what else

gabuckeye

I make pattie sausage and SOS out of my frozen ground. I buy a sausage seasoning packet (Leggs Old Plantation pork sausage seasoning) at a small family grocery store. I have seen it in a number of stores and they have a number of different types. I thaw the meat, break it up, pour the seasoning over the meat and then mix it by hand. Be careful not to mix in too much seasoning! The packet which cost about $3 will season a lot of meat. It is very good.

Last edited:

bubbafowler

yep

i always do mine fresh with pork fat, grinding it myself, but i also use leggs seasoning, and its the best i can find.

redlevel

I just take my hams and shoulders to the local processor and tell them to make it "so hot the young'uns can't eat it."

Joe Moran

bubbafowler said:
i always do mine fresh with pork fat, grinding it myself, but i also use leggs seasoning, and its the best i can find.

That is excellent advice.

You need to add the fat! If not, it will be dry & will stick in the pan. Pork fat adds a good flavor too. :pop: