Hostages in Iraq - Your opinion......

H

HT2

First of all let me preface this by sayin' that it is a TRAGEDYthat these "THUGS" are keepin' this people hostage and there is "NO EXCUSE" for them doin' so.......

However, here's my question......

These people are just normal people (not service people), if I'm not mistaken.......They are over there workin', doin' whatever there skill is for whoever it is they work for.........For the most part, people that "CHOOSE" to do this are paid very, very well.......Now, They know the threat of violence, especially against Americans, the United States has made it clear that Americans lifes are in danger while over there. That's pretty evident by the war goin' on......RIGHT?????

So, should we feel sorry for them, when they made the "CHOICE" to go over there, knowing the danger??????? ::huh: ::huh:

I Totally feel sorry for them and their families, for what has occurred, but they knew the threat and still went anyway.......

Al33

Tim,
Do we feel sorry for hunters who are accidentally shot or fall from their tree stand while hunting? We all know the risks involved when we go to the woods. ::huh: No, must of us do not hunt and get paid for it, but in my mind there is little difference.

I feel terribly sorry for them. They may not be in the military, but they are still serving the objectives for why we are there.

I pray ernestly this hostage taking and killing will stop. It is incomprehensible to me that there are many would could and do do this. May they all burn in ****.

Al

Randy

I do feel soory for them even though they knew the possible costs. However, we should not negotiate with them. In fact we need to get tougher. We need to start dropping bombs again until they let them go are they all are gone. If we don't forget about the "political correctness" and begin to use all our might, this will become another Vietnam. We learned that lesson. You can not fight a war half way. It is all or nothing. :flag:

broadhead

I heard on the news this morning that many times the hostages are kidnapped by Iraqi "criminals" who are not a part of "the cause" and then they sell the hostages to the actual terrorists.

The terrorists actually buy the hostages rather than capture them themselves.....another sign of their cowardly ways.

Yes, many have gone over knowing the risk in order to make money, but the only ones who deserve to die that way are the ones holding the swords. I feel incredibly sorry for anyone who has lost their life in the horrible situation over there. :banginghe

gtaff

Banned
My wife actually had a good idea about this. We should in military and if you are going to work somewhere like that put locator chips in them so we can go in find them then :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
Then when they get home to normal life the chip can be removed. Not that we want to keep up with what they are doing or trying to invade their privacy but so we can locate them if they are captured or kidnapped.

Randy,
If we don't forget about the "political correctness" and begin to use all our might, this will become another Vietnam. We learned that lesson.
Apparently we did not learn our lesson unfornately. I agree with you though go all at it and win. It is really hard to win a fight if who you are fighting are not following the so called "rules"

Skipper

Banned
I think the ones pulling this kind of stunt need to die a humiliating, painful, public death. The next time they hem up Al Sadir or whatever his name is in some church some where, he ought to be killed dead and not allowed to bargain his way out of it. Let them know if they want to play this game, we can and will play too. Turn loose that bunch at Abu Grab prison and let the torture begin. I'm not for turning us into a bunch of barbarians, but I see no reason why these people should be treated nicely or negotiated with. They are terrorists, and they fully deserve to go see Alla with a painful death.

Skipper
electricchair.gif

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Even with the known risk involved I feel for them and their families. No different (except pay) than the job that a firefighter does with known risk.

Jim

C

Cward

American civilians have no business over there now! They should not put thereselves in such danger! ::huh:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Tim, most of those folks are over there for one of two reasons. Either as a humanitarian aid or to get rich quick, neither of which would justify the cruel and unusual punishment they are being handed.

Gtaff, that is an excellent idea your wife had IMO.

I know this is cruel and unusual punishment and off the topic but maybe we should ship some of our hardened criminals or death row inmates over there with chips inplanted in them and use them as bait to draw out these barbaric terrorist/cowards. At least they would be freed and given a second chance and if they got killed they would have gotten killed for the good of the country.

Something to think about... ;)

Mrbowdeadly

My opinion is that they should not be there. I am tired of rebuilding a country that does not want to be rebuilt! They don't WANT our help. If you were going there to make a fast buck, well you may have to pay with your life. A fireman risks his life to save others. A contractor risks his life for financial gain. BIG difference if you ask me.

Gtaff, for a long time I have wrestled with the question of why we can locate a stolen lexus with a computer chip, but our children are stolen from us everyday and nobody can fix that. Microsoft has just made a HUGE jump in technology regarding microchips. I fully expect to see the size of everything diminish in the next few years. Why not have chips put in our children under the skin? Is it only good for dogs and cars? Where are our priorities?

My .02
MBD

Guy

I'm with Browning7WSM

Let's pull everyone out and drop some mild nukes. It is quite obvious that the religions of Islam are not peaceful!

Enough is enough! I really don't care about collateral damage.

And while the big guns are there, might as well hit Iran, Syria and Lybia.

I am starting to think there is no other way. It would take too long with too much money to go though and retake all of the cities. Level them!

GeauxLSU

I most certainly do.

Yes. I feel unbelievably sorry for that man's wife and 13 year old daughter who have to watch all this unfold in front of the entire world as well as the countless others family members who are going through horros daily due to the animalistic activities of these cowards. Yes, he knew their were risks and we don't know what drives people to make the decisions they do. I suspect it is not purely greed. Regardless, NO ONE should die that type of death except those that inflict it on others.
They are the definition of cowards in all their actions. They will never stop and we will continue to try and fight them 'civily' and we will continue to pay the cost and they will continue to gain support.
How to end it:
Step 1) SHUT DOWN Al Jazeera and any other MEDIA that gives them the free 'advertisement' they so desperately seek. Let them know up front what actions will get a missle landing on their broadcast towers. We are fighting a war. If you broadcast anything that aides our enemy, you are our enemy and we will take you out. UN? Whatever, shut up and sit down. We're not interested in your whinning.
Step 2) PULBICLY EXECUTE every single one of them that is arrested for terrorist activites and do it quickly. Kill them by frying them in hog lard. After each execution, clearly state why. Leave their bodfies in the streets. They have lived in fear for generations. They might begin to understand.
Step 3) DO WHAT WE SAY! Backing away from a mosque is ridiculous. Say up front there is NO SAFE PLACE to hide regardless of how 'holy' YOU proclaim it. We will kill you there just as quickly as if we find you in a open field. If the mosque gets destroyed, it was YOUR decision to hide there, not ours. PLACE THE BLAME WHERE IT LIES! :banginghe
Step 4) Put our exit in THEIR hands. Lay out in clear no uncertain terms what it will take for us to be gone. Bill of rights, general security of the public, of utilities, of oil, of transportation, of free elections, etc... If they do it tomorrow, we're gone. Very simple.
Oh yeah, step 5) Swing our troops through Paris on the way out to whiz on the Arc de Triomphe. :mad:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Havana Dude

Drop the big one now

And start with a clean slate. Then if any American is caught and beheaded after that, then they certainly knew it could happen and had it coming. Assuming anything is left.

DanSmith

Banned
I was womdering how to say it

Jim Thompson said:
Even with the known risk involved I feel for them and their families. No different (except pay) than the job that a firefighter does with known risk.

Jim
But this is the way iy is!! thgese people were warned .. we will not go in and get you -- go AT YOUR OWN RISK .. they are civilians in a war zone trying to make the BIG BUCKS! It always doesn't work out.. I was in the military. (the old green army) I figured that if you volinteered to fight- implied when you "JOIN"..(NOT1 DRAFTEE is still in the service} :flag: . there too I don't want to hear it when things get HOT.. you took my money all these years while AT PEACE /.., NOW do your duty. & shut up about it,.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Very well said Phil. My thoughts exactly!
Too much political correctness. Some seem to have forgotten that this is a war and want to prolong the process to be politically and morally correct. The truth is these people are raised from a very young age to HATE americans and this has to stop! I would like to say drop more bombs not nuclear and not with precision but ALL OVER and ask questions later! We need to bring fear into their lives as they may actually respect that!
Just my .02

Gage

mpowell

interesting take huntnnut. might clear out some of our prison overcrowding.

no matter what the reasons for someone being over there, the acts of terrorism perpetrated on anyone should not be tolerated.

i have a boy i coached a few years ago and his father lost his logging business after 9/11. his father has been working in afghanistan the past few years to put food on the table. yeah, he's taking a risk, and he's getting paid well. but, the only reason he's there is for his family. it sure isn't for fun! i'd feel horrible if something barbaric happened to his father as we all should.

stumpman

Banned
all you guys keep compareing this to other jobs here in the U.S. there is no war over here that is a known war ground and the president has made that clear I do feel sorry for the families of those people that got caught but do they not have any sense they have seen what has happened to the other americans already so for that I dont feel sorry for them they knew in the back of there minds what was comming but i think the almighty dollar took over and they got caught if it was me I would find a job back in the U.S. now lets start the big bombs and finish the job we started just my opinion.

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
It was their choice and they knew the risks, but my heart goes out to each of them and especially their families.

Our course in this war has changed because of the discourse of the bleeding heart liberals who stir the uneducated masses with endless political tripe. We are at war and we need to do what is needed to end the insurgents.

I am all for locator chips, great idea!

GeauxLSU

I'm afraid locator chips would simply be cut out of their bodies (of course while still alive.) :(

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil