Fellow GON Member Killed in Motel Robbery

Two killed in motel shoot-out
Published 12/2/07 in The Times-Herald

A Newnan man was killed Thursday night at an Albany, Ga., motel after several men stormed his room in what authorities described as an attempted robbery.

It appears the Newnan man shot and killed one of his attackers during the struggle.

Jeffery Brandon Todd, 27, was originally reported in Associated Press reports as living in Carrollton, but he lived on Brandy Lane in Coweta County, according to his father, Jeff Todd.

"He was a great person and a hard worker, and we are all stunned at what happened," Jeff Todd said. "He wasn't familiar with Albany, and it looks like he picked a bad part of town to stay in."

Todd said Albany police told him that during the month of November there had been four robberies at the Motel 6 on Thornton Road where the incident occurred.

Todd said his son was employed with Georgia Power and had gone to Albany Thursday to prepare for a Friday interview he hoped would lead to a promotion.

The young man's mother talked to him Thursday evening at about 8:45 p.m. and said Todd was studying for a technical test that was part of his interview, according to Jeff Todd.

According to local press reports, other residents of the motel heard a loud crash and then several gunshots. Police believe the four men who attempted to rob Todd were staying in the motel.

Jimmy Teemer, 17, of Albany, was shot three times and killed during the incident. Jeff Todd said his son carried a gun when he traveled.

The victim's father said he was informed by Albany police that before his son was fatally wounded, he shot and killed one of his attackers.

"My son was just trying to defend himself, said Jeff Todd. "He never went looking for trouble."

By Friday night, authorities had arrested three men and charged them with felony murder and aggravated assault in Todd's death. Arrested were Lyndon Bernard Johnson, 18, Patrick Jackson, 17, and Benjamin Revill, 17.

Rest In Peace Brandon You Will Be MISSED !!!!!

jmharris23

That stinks. Will be praying for his family

onemilmhz

Unbelievable! Prayers to the family and good on him for taking one with him.

Sargent

Was he a regular on here? What was his screen name?

capt stan

Very tragic. Prayers for the family.

I wish he could have gotten a few of the others! May they rot where they are going!

OutFishHim

That is horrible! Prayers sent to his family.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
He had not been a member long, however that doesn't take away from how tragic this event is. Prayers go out to his family.

Everyone please take this as a warning, it's rough out there and it always seems to get worse around Christmas time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Very tragic. Prayers for him and his family. Good for him, one thug dead.

Jasper

Prayers sent!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Too bad he did not shoot all of them.

If I go out of town and stay somewhere, I always prop a chair up against the door, under the knob. I figure it will slow them down. Old habits.

Prayers sent.

The AmBASSaDEER

Hate to hear that....::;

snuffy

Prayers for him and his family
He went down fighting and took one with him. Good for him.