The Top Ten Train Movies Of All Time

Wifeshusband

I tried to include movies that had the trains in them from almost start to finish, hence some got left off. I loved Sean Connery in To Russia With Love, the fight scene in the train sleeping compartment with Robert Shaw, who gave himself a way by ordering red wine instead of white with his fish.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I tried to include movies that had the trains in them from almost start to finish, hence some got left off. I loved Sean Connery in To Russia With Love, the fight scene in the train sleeping compartment with Robert Shaw, who gave himself a way by ordering red wine instead of white with his fish.
Then how about "The Train Robbers"? Very few train scenes, but hey it's John Wayne and it's got Ann-Margret in that "shrunken leather shirt".

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
There's one I've been trying to find info on since this post was started. Back in the early 70's elementary school, we took a lot of field trips. One was to the "Big Shanty" museum. They showed a black and white film, must have been a documentary made for them as I can't find any thing about it. Of course it told it more from The Southern point of view as compared to "The Great Locomotive Chase".

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The Train and Emperor of the North are my numbers 1 and 2 also but The General with Buster Keaton, from the 20s easily makes my top 10.

Oldstick

The Train and Emperor of the North are my numbers 1 and 2 also but The General with Buster Keaton, from the 20s easily makes my top 10.
You beat me too it, Justus. I saw The General recently. Easily one of the most entertaining movies of all time, even though it was during the silent era. A somewhat comedic version of the train hijacking by Union spies in north GA. Introduced me to who Buster Keaton was and made me a huge fan. Incredible special effects for that time period. Must have been a huge budget for the 1920s.

Latest posts