Turkeys Gobbling Already.!!!

objectionyourhonor

Anyone else heard the turkeybirds gobbling. I heard one new years day. Buddy heard several during the first week of January. Made me go home and get the calls out. Wife is already mad. I love it.

wack em

Havent been listening yet, but i did see two big toms doing circles around 30+ hens this morning about 8:00. One big tom looked as if he wanted to ride in my truck, and he is gonna get in late march

gottabowhunt

Ya I hunt in Terrell County and them birds are Gobblin when they get of the roost, its been so bad that since early Dec. Ive had mouth calls in my treestands bout three weeks ago I got into a duel with a boss hen for 2hrs. and them woods were on FIRE! Birds gobblin in three diffrent directions, finally three Toms came in with 15-20 hens and jakes, made my week!

Gadget

The gobbling has been really picking up early this year, we heard em 5 days straight the last week of deer season.

Trizey

I've yet to hear any during this deer season. Last deer season I was hearing quite a few.

BASS1FUN

I Heard Them Last Year On New Years But Not This Year, But The Ones I Heard I Said If They Are There During Turkey Season They Are Dead And I Killed 2 That Was In That Area.

P

potsticker

Gobblers will gobble all year long. We found a flock of 25 in a food plot the last of Dec. and they were fighting, strutting gobbling and doing the fighting purrs. This stuff happens all winter long, its just a way for dominant birds to make a statement. This usually happens after a few clear cool nights and warm still days. Harbinger!

TurkeyManiac

Strutting Saturday pm in WACO.....

ditchdoc24

Saw one strutting for about 20 lady friends this morning in Jasper County.

Rackemup HC

Man they were going nuts sat. and sun. in schley cnty. They were gobbling at gun shots, woodpeckers pecking trees and crows from sun up to about 9 oclock. Wish they were that aggresive during spring by me!

V.P.

sat. jan 12 heard one gobble about 20 times seen him later that morning on a food plot with some jakes first turkeys i seen all hunting season