Amazing morning

DynamicDennis

Well the planets finally aligned for an epic morning of turkey hunting in Zolfo Springs. Saturday 3/30. Have been trying this season to get my wife a bird.
Most gobbling I have ever heard on the roost. Anywhere, in my 22 years of chasing these dinosaurs. Bout 720am wife says “here he comes”, I can’t see for some trees blocking my view. She says “he’s blowed up and coming NOW”. I said get ready, she says no you shot this one. About that time he was in our laps 15-16 yards. I shoot and miss, he flogs the Jake decoy, second shot plows him. 11in beard 19lbs. 1 in spurs.
Talk to the land owner and he says not to shoot any more in that spot. So we go behind his house, 850-9 am. Get set, couple calls, silence. 930 gobble way off, wait about 5 mins and hit a call. Gobble, he is getting closer. Now I shut up, about 5 mins later gobble real close. Can’t see him he in other side of a berm, about 100 yards away. He crests the berm and puts on a show, couple soft calls and now he is crossed the creek and about 35yards. Stud bird too. He don’t like the Jake decoy as is a little crooked on the stake. I tell her to shoot, she says he is too far. I say no he is not, she says “base of the neck” I say yes. BOOM and flopping. 22 pds. 11-1/2 beard. 1-1/2 spurs. One of the best days I have had ever hunting!!! Mind you, this is her first turkey ever. I think she will be wanting to go a little more going forward.

Attachments

• IMG_6002.jpeg
    IMG_6002.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6004.jpeg
    IMG_6004.jpeg
    482.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 101

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! What a day!! I could feel the excitement when she says “here he comes!” :clap:
I haven’t been as excited this year, like last year, but Y’all are getting me fired up!:rockon:

turkeykirk

Congratulations!