Don't haer anyone in here talk about the turkey hunting in the Cohutta Area

dperkins

I never hear anyone talk about the turkey hunting in Cohutta. Is it any good and any good or bad comments on the area.

jcarter

Banned
we try to keep the good places a secret. if everyone knew there was a turkey behind every chestnut tree it wouldnt be a secret for long. seriously though, the reason you dont hear much about cohutta is that most that go in there never come out.

Gadget

we try to keep the good places a secret. if everyone knew there was a turkey behind every chestnut tree it wouldnt be a secret for long. seriously though, the reason you dont hear much about cohutta is that most that go in there never come out.

:rofl:

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hunted there twice, and I don't want to go back. Them so called hills will kill a big boy. Tim

trkyhntr70

//

:bounce::bounce: I knew it wouldnt take long for jcarter to protect cohutta..

C

Cward

There's only a few of us crazy enough to hunt them mountain birds.

Yep, these mountain gobblers are earned!!
They're not for the faint of heart, but an accomplishment when things work out!!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Mountain boys are kinda standoffish folks.........we dont cotton to strangers coming in up in the hills......GON aint even welcome inour secret spots.

blindhog

So.....you mountain folks don't cotton to lowland strangers from the south Ga district humping hills after yo' birds?:banana:

I may make it a vendetta to bag a Cohutta bird. I'll make my YMCA workouts an hour longer to get in shape! :fine:

I have been wanting to hunt the mountains for several years now. I am thinking the last 2 weeks of the season.
So any secret info you hill folks want to give me just pm it.
:biggrin2:

gobble157

walk the ridges and don't forget your GPS and lots of extra batteries. Possibly one of those new SPOT emergency locators (just in case). I hunted there before and killed a bird. After being in Ohio for 4 years and hunting the hills of the Appalachians anything is possible when it comes to bagging a gobbler out in that country. Just because he sounds like he's across the mountain doesn't mean he's there. He's probably behind you or down in a draw. Its tough to pinpoint a mountain gobbler. I was in West Virginia last year and hunted in Roderfield, which happens to have some of the biggest peaks in WV. Well, needless to say, it was one of the my toughest experiences in turkey hunting. We eventually got one, but by sheer luck. PM if you have any other questions. God bless.

David

clent586

Like evryone said, it is tough. I hunted there a couple of times many moons ago with a friend from Blue Ridge. IT IS TOUGH! I too am a big boy and it liked to have killed me. It is some of the most beautiful country and when you hear a bird, it is a ghostly sound with all the echo's in those draws and ridges. Make sure you know where you are and tell someone if going alone or with someone else.

blong

I hunted around chatsworth a couple of springs back and the weather turned bad on us. It was the weekend that several lost their lives in Tn. We heard 1 bird and saw several in private fields. We talked to several locals eating breakfast one morning in chatsworth that were trying to put us on turkeys. They said there was a new wma open just south of there that had a Lake in the name and that is all I can remember. Those people up there are the nicest people I've ever meet any where in my life. I was waiting on my buddies to come out on peeples road and 4 different trucks came by and asked if I needed help. One nice mountain man offered me a custom box call to use for the next day. He said just mail it back yo him when I got back home. I didnt accept because I would have broke it somehow and could have never replaced what it meant to him. Him and his girlfriend then lead the way to a mexican restaurant in Chatsworth where we had a few beers and some chips. He tried paying for it but we wouldnt have it. Then went across the street and heard some karioke and played pool. Did not meet 1 rude person 3 days there. I tried getting my wife to move up there but she won't leave this crime infested, terrible public school system down here. Maybe one day. Thanks to all you kind people in north Ga. for making a couple of O.O.S. feel welcome.

stev

Banned
I love the huttas .Better be in shape.All then ridges and valleys.I get up there a few times a yr.Have gps in hand ,cause once you cross over ridge to ridge it looks all the same.When i go its an all day affair .sun-up to sun-down

trkyhntr70

I hunted around chatsworth a couple of springs back and the weather turned bad on us. It was the weekend that several lost their lives in Tn. We heard 1 bird and saw several in private fields. We talked to several locals eating breakfast one morning in chatsworth that were trying to put us on turkeys. They said there was a new wma open just south of there that had a Lake in the name and that is all I can remember. Those people up there are the nicest people I've ever meet any where in my life. I was waiting on my buddies to come out on peeples road and 4 different trucks came by and asked if I needed help. One nice mountain man offered me a custom box call to use for the next day. He said just mail it back yo him when I got back home. I didnt accept because I would have broke it somehow and could have never replaced what it meant to him. Him and his girlfriend then lead the way to a mexican restaurant in Chatsworth where we had a few beers and some chips. He tried paying for it but we wouldnt have it. Then went across the street and heard some karioke and played pool. Did not meet 1 rude person 3 days there. I tried getting my wife to move up there but she won't leave this crime infested, terrible public school system down here. Maybe one day. Thanks to all you kind people in north Ga. for making a couple of O.O.S. feel welcome.

Thats what brought me to Georgia, I wouldnt leave it for anything.

the HEED!

Banned
all i know is the cohuttas aint got nothing on warwoman wmas hills, i swear youre walking uphill when youre descending

Doug B.

all i know is the cohuttas aint got nothing on warwoman wmas hills, i swear youre walking uphill when youre descending

Oh yeah!! Warwoman makes Cohutta look like mole hills. (I've never been to Cohutta:rofl:) This is the only place that you can walk a half a day in, and back out, and it is uphill both ways.:bounce:
I really don't understand how all you flatlanders can come from a place that is flat with no landmarks, and come up here in the mountains, with landmarks at every step, and get lost?:huh: