W.M.A. turkeys, Not being check out??

trkyhntr70

How many w.m.a. birds are killed that arent being checked out?? Many w.m.a.s Ive hunted dont have many check stations and can be on the other side of the property, Im curious how many dont get checked out and the unmanned stations how many are real kills and not a prank.. Ive seen many recorded at Dawson Forest that sound like a hoax..

Wetzel

I'm sure there are several each season. Folks just not wanting to make the drive back to the check station, and probably a few that are killed by hunters who didn't sign in to hunt the WMA so they can't sign the birds out.

I even know of a few folks who have signed out birds on WMA's that were not killed on the WMA. :crazy: I guess they just wanted other people to know that they killed a turkey.

Nugefan

I'll bet a whole lot in Wilson Shoals , too easy to get in and out ....

Dupree

I bet only 10% gets signed out at some wma's.

sman

drawing attention...

I have known people who don't sign out birds due to the fact that they don't want that WMA to show up in GON in March. If a WMA shows a high sucess rate it will probably get congested.
I always like seeing the bird that weighs 26 lbs, has a 15 inch bird with 4 inch spurs being signed out by Bill Clinton or George Bush. Always a joker in the crowd.

cpowel10

I have known people who don't sign out birds due to the fact that they don't want that WMA to show up in GON in March. If a WMA shows a high sucess rate it will probably get congested.
I always like seeing the bird that weighs 26 lbs, has a 15 inch bird with 4 inch spurs being signed out by Bill Clinton or George Bush. Always a joker in the crowd.

Thats why I think most don't get signed out. Same thing happens on sign in deer hunts

gottabowhunt

you nailed it smanville, not to many people want the publicity

GA DAWG

I saw a man loading one in his truck last year. I drove to the sign out board to wait on him and see the turkey. He never showed up!!!!!!!

Dupree

If you see this around Paulding Forest, Sheffield or J.L. Lester get me a tag number or something. I need all the help I can get.

Is this chad? or lee (i think is the name, if so you stopped me at sheffield and was telling me about the problem of people not signing deer out)? I know it happens on paulding. Ive found many places with a spent shell and feathers, but no bird signed out for the last week or two.