Interested in a Woody's Member turkey hunt in Nebraska (merriams)

Well for those that are interested I am in the process of getting a price together for the whole trip. This price will include (3 meals a day, hunting tags, gas {for round trip}, motel) From all the advise we have recieved it seems that Nebraska seems to be the best place to go. So I will be researching every thing for a Nebraska hunt.

If you have ever wanted to chase mariems this will be your chance at a great price. If you want to go I need to know so that I can split every thing up, also to find out how many vehicles we will need to travel in.

Let me know ASAP, pm's are fine.

Jode

Hunter list
Georgiaboy83 (me)
DuckndeerhuntinRN
Bowhunterwill
Texwilliams

Last edited:
So far I have come up with an average of $400.00 per person for a group of 4 guys that have already signed-up. So in order for the deal to work this way we would need to keep it in groups of 4. A group of 4 could ride in a vehicle more confurtable than 5. Also this doesn't include meals during the trip there and back, so spending money will be necessary. Any questions please let me know, if you are interested pm me and I can send you info.

Jode

turkey1958

When do you plan on going? And is this with an outfitter are not and how birds can be taken. How many days will we hunt? I my be interested if we can find three more hunters.

We will be staying in a state park that is on the national forest land. There are 2 nationl forest in the area within a 30 min. drive. This is a self guided hunt on national forest land and the tag is for one bird. You can buy as many tags as you would like for about $90. Included in the price is one tag with all the permits needed.

Probably will be mid April!?! Depends on what everyone can do, we cannot get a cabin until mid April though. As far as I can tell that will be the cheapest rought. I have planned on a 5 day hunt total (1 day to drive there, 3 days hunting, 1 day to drive back) This can be archery or shotgun hunt!!!
Season dates
Archery: March 25 - May 18
Shotgun: April 12 - May 18

Last edited:
Maybe sooner what every you guys think!?!

I'm thinking the first full week of May.
Leave on Monday the 5th
Hunt Tue. 6th, Wed. 7th, Thu. 8th
Return on Friday 9th

The drive by google maps from Atlanta is 22 hours - 1,456 miles may need the weekend before and after for extra time for driving.

Or to save use working folk our days off we could stretch it offer a weekend?
What you guys think?

Also if you are on the list and can't make it let me know, if you want to go let me know.

Jode