I should have went this morning!!

Arrow3

After only getting 4 hours of sleep yesterday and working another 10 last night, I just couldnt go this monring..I fought it and fought it but the sleep time won over the hour drive to go hunting...I didnt think I could function on another day of just a couple of hours of rest....Hunter Haven said the woods were on fire this morning...He called in 7 jakes and a good bird and smoked the good one....10 inch beard and inch spurs....He said the bird gobbled at everything!!....He told me the bird came in on the wrong side of him and he had to do something he had never done before...The bird was strutting on his right hand side walking away so he waited for the birds fan to block his view and Haven switched his 10 gauge to his left shoulder....BOOM!...Im sure that felt great...Oh well, probably never thought about it with a bird flopping on the ground...WTG my friend!! :clap:

Al33

Me too Brandon,

I had the day off from work and decided to take it off from hunting also. I am plumb wore out and really needed the rest. I knew it was going to be a beautiful morning, I just wanted to sleep in late one day. I have to get up at 4:30 every morning to go to work and it has been a long time since I got to sleep 'til after 6 a.m..

I enjoyed my rest and am getting a few things done I needed to do. I'll prolly be after them tomorrow morning.

bubbafowler

i went, called in a hen, but never heard or saw a tom. It was new property, but we were in his strutting zone, but i had to leave to go to school, or else i would have waited him out longer. Now i gotta go to work. My buddy and i have tuesday off all day and figgering on trying it again.--Bubba

wooly

I was in the woods this morning from 6:30 to 9:00am. The owls were really laughing and cutting up. So were the crows, hawks and geese, but there was nairy a gobble. I had to be back early to sit my grandaughter. Looks like we are on the down side the season where we are. :eek:

H

HT2

You "SLACK ***"!!!!!!!!!!

So, that's why you didn't answer the phone this morning.............

Here I call, wonderin' if you wuz in the woods and you wuz sleepin'............

Man-O-Man!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jody Hawk

Brandon,
I went back to my club this morning for the first time since we went Monday. Didn't get there until 7:25 a.m. and headed straight to the river where that bird was gobbling the other morning. I thought that I might could get him fired up but I never heard anything. Walked all over the roads calling and never heard anything. I was out of there at 9 a.m. Still have tonight to work and then I'll be back after them this weekend.

Woody's Janitor

You needed the rest cause "Sweetie" is coming to see you!!!

Mrs. Arrow3

Teddy....

Woody's Janitor said:
You needed the rest cause "Sweetie" is coming to see you!!!

You got that right!!! :clap: :love: :love: :D I'm definitely ready to be headin' down 85 tomorrow morning!!

Arrow3

I should have went...Looks like the rain got here earlier then they expected...Sorry "elmo" weather men..

DaddyPaul

Brandon,
I wish I had the "option" of rolling out of bed and going one more time this year! I am pretty bummed out about our season ending, as I am every year. I guess I will put my .223 barrel on the Encore and go chase some yotes in the morning. You can sleep May the 16th, now get out there and kill me a turkey!