Got busted fellas

bnew17

Was hunting monday morning. Got a gobble across a clear cut about 7:30. It was a freshly burned clear cut so there was not much cover, i found a few small pines with some limbs down and set up there. For thirty minutes i called and they didnt seem too interested. Gobbling every now and then 10-15 seconds after my calling sequences. I decided to try my fighting purr calls since i had success with them a week earlier. Same type responses. Then they shut up. 10 Min later 2 more 45 degrees to my left started gobbling. Still a few hundred yards away. So i positioned towards them. Could not see either group of birds as they were behind a hill further on in the field. They acted the same way. 5 min later i hear "putting" over my right shoulder It was the first 2 gobblers i heard. They had come in silent and busted me. While they walked away and putted they still strutted. They were probably 50-60 yards away so i didnt attempt a shot. Made me sick because the gobbler i saw beard was just about dragging the ground. :banginghe:banginghe