Mathews LX

Met some friends this weekend for a little mud tromping (was supposed to be hunting but you know how it's been lately!!!) :rolleyes: and one had a new Mathews LX, took it for a test spin and liked the feel of it, now thinking of picking up one of my own. Anyone have one of these that would like to give some feedback? Currently using a PSE but looking to upgrade... and the LX is a very nice sling, just a bit pricey. But then, you do get what you pay for!! :)

AWirt

I love my LX. Just got it this year after shooting a High Country for the last 4 years. My only complaint is that I think it's a bit on the heavy side, it keeps me steady but after the hiking I did this weekend I was wishing I had my High Country. Several of my friends have the Outback and it's a sweet bow too. Nothing wrong with the Hoyt's or several others either.

On a side note...I've robin hooded three arrows with the LX. I've never done that before with any of my rigs.

Adam

Buzz

I love mine. I tried many bows last year and that is the one that I picked. As AWirt said, there are many other good bows out there as well - you just have to pick the one you like and fits you well.

I absolutely hated the way the Hoyt's TEC riser felt in my hand, but others love them and hate Mathews. Most of the higer end bows are very good, it's all about what you like.

HayBurner

I was going to buy an LX, But I went with the outback. Both bows shot great but I think the outback was a little lighter and shorter.(not sure)
HB

GABOWHUNTER

Lx

I have a buddy that shoots on the Mathews prostaff team and the LX is his choice. I have shot the LX and the Outback, I guess it would be your choice of axel to axel lentgh. Obviously, if you are shooting competition the LX would be your choice, if it is for hunting purposes, I do not think you could go wrong with the Outback. I have hunted with the MQ1 for years and would take nothing for it. My next bow will be a Merlin though, it is up and coming through the competition world and has carbon limbs. Sweet. Whatever Mathews you choose, top it off with a Winners Choice string, the zebra has a tendancy to stretch.

Good Luck with your decision,

Eric

SGaither

Before you buy a Matthews

do yourself a favor and try a Bowtech. not to take anything away from Matthews but if speed, silence, and accurancy is what you are looking for try a bowtech, heck try all bowtech has to offer. just my 2 cents.

sgaither

duckbill

Mathews makes an awesome bow...period. All of the top end bows are capable of all your hunting needs, but I really like Mathews. I had a Q2 and then upgraded to an LX. The Q2 was great and the LX is even better. The Legacy is also a great bow.

futuredoc

Does not get any better IMO

Got an LX this year; set it up with a TT and Spot Hogg sights. I can group in a 6" circle out to 60 yards; don't have anymore pins after that. With the addition of some limbsavers and some string silencers it is just as quiet as any bow I have ever shot. Also shoots 301fps @ 29" with 383grain arrow. Go shoot some other bows first, but this is a GREAT bow. I shot an AR31, AR34, Hoyt Havoctec, PSE Primos STL, Martin Razortec, and an Outback . . . the LX was my choice. The PSE was second with the Outback in third only because the Outback is a little short for me. My point is, this is a dang nice bow. I have seen a lot of ratings on the Outback though and the Bowtech Liberty; you might take a look at these if you like shorter bows. The LX is what I consider moderate axle to axle at 35 5/8", but with the long riser and short limbs this bow holds like a dream. Take a look for yourself . . . you will love it.

fd