WMA regulations question

Jasper

The archery hunt on Clybel WMA ends October 15. My son and I were drawn for the adult/child deer hunt there which begins October 22. We plan on going down the weekend of the 16th and doing a little scouting for the hunt.

Since the regular state gun season is in, but there's not a gun hunt in progress on the WMA, do we have to wear the safety orange? I plan on wearing it anyway to be safe- was just wondering what the laws said in reference to this.

Hntr130

As long as there is no firearms or muzzleloader hunt going on you are not required to wear the fluorescent orange while scouting. But as you said it is not a bad idea to wear it anyway. There may be small game hunters out there during that time.

Happy Huntin

whatman

wma scouting

you probably need to carry a .22 with you and say you are small game hunting. my dad and bro. in law went to bf grant a couple of days early and the warden there told them you were not able to scout except the day before the hunt. i don't know the rule for that excatly but i would do that any way. also carry a couple of fishing rods. when i take my son we try to mix it up to keep things interesting.