Scopes

GADAWGS

Thinking about putting a scope on my Benelli. What are your scopes of choice and why?

huntmstr

Banned
I use a 42 mm red dot with flip up caps (as dust and rain protection) and no (zero) magnification. The red dot allows me to pinpoint the pattern better and the large objective and reticle allows for fast target acquisition in case I need to shoot fast, on the run, or on the wing. My Mossberg 835 kills everything dead. The red dot improved my accuracy and gives me the confidence I need out to 65 yards. I have killed 3 birds (one in GA and 2 in TX) at over 60 steps and put all 3 birds down stone dead on impact. I tried a smaller 30mm and was not as happy. I also do not like magnified lenses as they tend to lose light and make the target darker and shakier. Best of luck making your choice.

cletus T

i baught a bushnell trophy red dot this year and i really like it . i have taken 2 birds with it this year and it works great. and it holds up to 31/2" shells.

GADAWGS

I have an Eotech in my safe, but was wanting to put it on my Rock River AR15. But I may have to just slip it on there and see how it does. I will keep my eyes open for one of those red dot scopes though

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

I have a Simmons 4x32 w/diamond reticle.
It's great !!!

G Duck

If I were to put one on, I would consider the holo red dot like the Docter or even the one by tru-glo is supposed to be good. As for me, I have not had to replace batteries in the field with my Williams front and rear sight!! I try to live by the K.I.S.S. Method.

Huntinfool

I've bought two Burris Fastfire red dots this year and the are, bar none, the best thing I've seen for the money. Gadget put me on them and they are every bit as good as a Docter (or at least close), the same size and about half the price. I would buy another in a heart beat!

Gadget

I've bought two Burris Fastfire red dots this year and the are, bar none, the best thing I've seen for the money. Gadget put me on them and they are every bit as good as a Docter (or at least close), the same size and about half the price. I would buy another in a heart beat!

They got real popular fast Andrew, couple of my friends and I tried to order some recently, a lot of places are out of stock, waiting on Burris to ship some more.

I've got two Docters but wanted a Burris for another gun I have.

Huntinfool

It's tough finding them. I finally found a guy who had some at some tactical store. You gotta look hard. If you want his info, shoot me a PM, I'll see if I can find it.

Huntinfool

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/

Here's where I got it. This was just about a week ago. I doubt if he has a HUGE stock. But when I asked if he actually had one in stock he was like "Yeh, of course". Get 'em while they're hot boys!

I just did a google search on the Fastfire and then started calling folks that I knew where kind of unusual retailers. Don't ever try stuff like Cabelas. It'll be backordered forever. Look for smaller guys who nobody knows about. That's where you'll find it.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I just ordered from Optics Planet, never said "Out of Stock" so I guess they have em.

Huntinfool

David, you're gonna get an email telling you they don't have it. Optic Planet is SKETCHY!!!!! They'll never tell you it's out of stock....they get you to place the order THEN tell you. Give them a call and you'll find out. I hope they actually have it for ya. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Good luck with them.

I've got a Simmons 1.75-4x32 with the circle in the center of the crosshairs on my 11-87. I've got another one just like it, but MOBU camo ordered for my 870 Super Mag