The Drought is Over!!!

Curtis-UGA

Well Lanier might go dry but I killed two gobblers this morning ending a two year drought!!!

For the past 10 years I have always killed 2-3 birds in Georgia and have killed some out of state. I have called up every gobbler I have killed by myself. I usually call up 2-3 a year for others. I usually have pretty good luck... untill last year... My first child was born on March 17 2007. I still hunted opening weekend but just didn't fill right being in the woods all the time. Not because of my wife she is awesome when it comes to kitchen passes! I did manage to call 1 in for my dad and had my gun misfire with 3 gobblers at 35 yds! Well this year I couldn't ever get on a bird that wasn't 500+ yds off of the property. I did bump one on a afternoon hunt that came in silent. Have only been able to hunt one time a week. People were asking me constanly how many have you killed and couldn't beliene it when I said none!:bounce:

Well this morning my luck changed! I had 8 gobblers gobbling around me. The closest were 200yds away. I set up a lone hen in the field. At 6:35 I did a fly down cackle on my Tom Teasers Meat Call diaphram. At 6:50 I plain yelped and he gobbled 125 yds away. At 7:00 to my surprise I see not 1 but 3 longbeards in full strut 60 yds away to my right. They strutted down the edge of the field right to the decoy. I shot the first 1 at 25 yds with my 835 3.5 Nitro #5s and it never even flopped! The second one ran to the decoy and I dropped him! In all the excitement I pumped my gun 1 time to many and as the third one was at 50 yds I saw my last live shell laying on the ground! Both 2 year olds spurs about 1" and one 9" beard and one 10". These Don't compare to my dads 26lb bird he killed in Missouri yeterday or his double bearded 8" and 10" bird he killed on the farm earlier in the year! But I'm glad to have some water in the pond! Pics to follow!

Dupree

Congrats!

Curtis-UGA

Turkeypics4-26-08003.jpg

Turkeypics4-26-08008.jpg

Turkeypics4-26-08009.jpg