Time is running out!

blong

I have been hunting a field turkey who kicks my but, had him at 30 yds yesterday a.m. and thought it was a jake the grass was tall. His head was not glowing or anything. He was also limping badly. He walked on a dam 70 yds from me and I glassed his spurs, 1.25" is my guess. Went back yesterday eve and was glassing the field and found a jake and hen feeding. Noticed what appeared to be a turkey head peeking out of a clump of rye grass and it was him. He stood up and walked toward the hen and laid back down spreading his wings and half faning. I had to leave him and go to church so I went and watched right at fly up. Did not see him but saw jake and 2 hens. I hope he had already gone to roost and is not laying dead out in the field.He will not win a fight with another turkey no matter what the age of the other turkey. Better hurry up and get him before he gets run off or dies. Our season closes May 1 also.

tbgator

Banned
I have been hunting a field turkey who kicks my but, had him at 30 yds yesterday a.m. and thought it was a jake the grass was tall. His head was not glowing or anything. He was also limping badly. He walked on a dam 70 yds from me and I glassed his spurs, 1.25" is my guess. Went back yesterday eve and was glassing the field and found a jake and hen feeding. Noticed what appeared to be a turkey head peeking out of a clump of rye grass and it was him. He stood up and walked toward the hen and laid back down spreading his wings and half faning. I had to leave him and go to church so I went and watched right at fly up. Did not see him but saw jake and 2 hens. I hope he had already gone to roost and is not laying dead out in the field.He will not win a fight with another turkey no matter what the age of the other turkey. Better hurry up and get him before he gets run off or dies. Our season closes May 1 also.

If he's hurt that bad you may be able to just charge him and get him before he can fly. Hard to fly without a running start:bounce:

blong

Just got back in from the field. He is just fine. Located him and a jake, he was squatted again. I called softly and he stood up, called again and he ripped an awesome gobble at me. A hen in the woods started yelping and I mimicked her and he hammered again, he started strutting and went into the woods where she was. Sat quietly for 2 more hours and they did not come back out. He was barely limping today, think he was just soar from a fight.