Well boys, time is slowly running out !!!!

Jody Hawk

We've got about 17 more days left and the 2008 Georgia season will be history. I'm gonna give it all I've got until the end though. We're still hearing some birds gobbling. I sure do wish that I could get that last bird to make my limit. What about y'all, how's your season going?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have taken 2 GA. birds
There still gobbling hard in the mountains. I hope to finish out soon. There still a few hens around, I just need to find the right lonesome dude and we can call it done.

Booner Killa

overall for me, it was unusually slow. The weather wouldn't coorperate and I didn't get to go as much as I wanted to. I was on the best turkey hunt ever this year though because I called my dad's first one to the gun on B.F. Grant and he hammered him. Then I hurt my foot in a faculty kickball game and I'm on crutches so the last two weeks are out for me. Had some good times though and made a memory that will always make me smile.

tyler1

It has been the slowest year I have ever had. I am hearing fewer and fewer birds and the ones that I hear only gobble once or twice. What is weird is that I am getting no birds to gobble after they hit the ground.

I was on national forest Saturday around noon for 4 hours and nothing. I was back Sunday and heard only one bird and he only gobbled one time.

Hawken2222

My season has been great. I have hunted Georgia, South Carolina, and Iowa. Each place has produced unique memories, & experiences that I will never forget. I took my best bird ever earlier this season. I have also had some amazing encounters with birds as well. I am going to hit it hard the last two weekends. I am still after an old mature public land bird.
It is sad to see the season coming to a close.

Ricochet

It has been the slowest year I have ever had. I am hearing fewer and fewer birds and the ones that I hear only gobble once or twice. What is weird is that I am getting no birds to gobble after they hit the ground.

I was on national forest Saturday around noon for 4 hours and nothing. I was back Sunday and heard only one bird and he only gobbled one time.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well...I hope my luck turns around soon! I got more action at Piedmont NWR than my 2 good private spots. :( I have a 3rd private spot I might hit next weekend as a last ditch effort to bag something. :huh: Maybe the hunting in Nebraska this weekend will be good. ::;

kevincox

I have missed one in Ga and killed one in Kentucky. I may head back to Kentucky this weekend to finish out my limit. Kentucky has some turkeys, I will say that!

Timberchicken

Hunted the least this year since 1992. A lot going on, but I did kill one the first week and missed one the second week. Didn't get to go back to South Dakota this year either. Maybe next year will be better.

trkyburns

I have had a pretty good season but might only get the chance to go one or two more times. I had hoped to get my third one and be done (except for helping some co-workers get their first) over the weekend but Saturday was a disaster for me. The first spot we hunted, i am now convinced, has no birds at all except maybe the occassional loner wandering bird. The second spot, my honeyhole, was ruined for the day (and possibly the rest of the season) by some high school kids who were camping there. Turns out, they had permission, though they had never been at this property before, but just my luck they picked turkey season to raise heck down at my honeyhole. 10 years ago it was me raising heck down there, but i since grew up and stopped (mostly), plus I never did that during turkey season because i was always hunting there. I am just worried that their skeet shooting, bonfire, & general heck-raising has ruined my spot for the season. There are several hens nested within 100 yards or less of where they "camped". Oh well, there's always next year.

blindhog

I feel I have had a good season. Need 1 more to limit for Ga. Got a special trophy bird in my eyes. He had the biggest beard and spurs so far, and I called him in with a call I made myself. also killed him on some public land that I have not been able to get one on for 4 years.
I may try to hunt some more, but fishing fever is taking hold of me !

B

Beagle Boy

Don't tell me we're so close to the end... :cry:

Seriously, it's been the very best year I've ever had. Made some great memories watching others shoot a few birds and killed two myself. The Lord has blessed me this season.

I'm like you, Jody. I'm sticking with it until the end... I just can't get enough of this sport, reminds me of rabbit hunting.

The Horned Toad

I've got 2 and working on #3. Just got a brand new cherry spot to hunt. Went out saturday and heard atleast 4 maybe 5 gobblers. Hunted hard but it was my first time on this new property so it was alot of learning the area and seeing how the birds moved through it. Hope to finish out this saturday.

robertyb

I have two and should be limited but that is another story. :)

Taking my nephew in the morning to see if he can kill the big bird at the lake for the contest here as I did not enter. I am getting tired of listining to him gobble. :) :banginghe

Curtis-UGA

Our birds just returned to our farm. I guess they ran ut of corn and wanted some chufa! I've killed 2 and need one more. My dad has killed 4 and needs 1 more for his Georgia limit. Maybe this weekend will both tag out!! Been a frustrating season. Saturday was the first time I had heard a bird gobble within 400 yds and I killed 2!

Retired Army Guy

thus far the worst season Ive ever seen in the mountains. Every one Ive met in the woods tends to agree. Hoping things will turn around soon.

Huntinfool

I took Monday off to study for a test this morning. Of course I hunted in the morning. RAIN. Then I've been limited to Saturdays for the past four weeks. RAIN.

Seems like the theme of the season for me has been RAIN RAIN RAIN. I've been in contact with plenty of birds though. I just sure would like to hunt once or twice WITHOU MY RAIN GEAR!!!!!

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

Pretty soon, we'll all be suffering from PTSS (post turkey season syndrome).

Randy

I hope I get a chance to go once before season is over. But it does not look good. My appologies to the team.:cry:

ryano

Banned
sloooooooowwwwwwwwwww