Honda fourtrax starter help?

elvis*tcb

GONetwork Member
I've got a 91 honda fourtrax 200 that I've had for about 3 years and I need some help. My battery died between deer season ending and yard work time so I went and bought a battery and now my starter has went out. I guess? When I try to start it, it sounds like the starter is spinning but not engaging. I was just wondering if some wd-40 would help or if I just need to replace the starter. It looks like it is a booger to get to, so if I do need to replace it can anyone recommend a mechanic in the NW georgia area that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to work on one? I know most of the dealerships around get 70 to 75 dollars an hour to work on one now. I've found some starters on ebay that are reasonable. Can anybody help me out? Thanks

Meriwether Mike

WD-40 will fix anything. I would try it first before paying to get it done.

specialk

i had one (rebuilt) installed by some guys in mableton for 175.00 on my 1986, later they worked on a carb problem and didn't fix it but charge me lots of $$, but on the starter they did a good job and price for me, there's a guy on ebay from jacksonville TX that sells used parts-DON'T BUY FROM HIM-used parts sold as is, bought a brake drum from him that was worn beyond specs and was worse shape than the one that came off my bike!