annual vs perennial planting

sweet 16

undefined

Something I'm trying to remember when planting food plots is that clovers can last up to 5 years. The grains, oats,wheat & rye are good winter and spring . I plant my clovers on the outside of my plots and grains seperate in the middle. I stay away from wildlife mixes. Usually the seed included have to be planted at different depths and may take different fertilizer requirements.
Any comments?

Ga-Spur

I don't have a clue why you do that; but I would reverse it for this reason. Turkeys like the center of fields and deer like the edges ;but I don't have any planted that way. :D

SWAMPFOX

My clover plots are separate plots that I never hunt over. They are strictly for herd nourishment in the summer after all the spring green stuff is gone.

For my winter shooter plots, I plant wheat, rape, and iron clay peas and I shoot does off these plots to keep my herd balanced. For bucks I sneak into the thickest places on my lease and stay all day. I have never had a decent buck come to any plot of mine during shooting hours of the regular gun season. I probably make too much noise and spread too much scent entering and leaving my shooting house whereas I am a lot more cautious when I set up in the thick areas with my climber.