ring light...

Razorback

Has anyone seen the Rayman ring flash?

http://www.expoimaging.net/products...productname=Ray_Flash:_The_Ring_Flash_Adapter

Just had a vendor show this to me & it seems like a neat way to add a ring light to your gadget bag. Just use your existing big speedlite & most any lens. It uses fiber optic tricks to pipe the speedlite's flash through the 'Rayman' & around your lens.

I have had a few portrait shooters make their own ring lights from circular fluorescent lamps but this may be the way to go. I was also curious if any of the bug-flower-snake-spider-small critter shooters thought the Rayman would work for your shots?

Razor

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
it looks like it would do a great job for the shooting i do. unfortunately at 300.00 i am out of luck. i am shot in the foot right now waiting on how much a lens repair is gonna cost me !!!

rip18

Looks interesting, but at that price, I'd almost buy a real ring flash!

Razorback

Yea,
Its pricey but Its lighter weight than a dedicated ring light & no extra batteries for the ring light's power.

I have asked them if they were gonna market some sort of clip on 'gobo' to block the light from one side or another. They have heard the request before but nothing yet but they are working on it.

If I can weasel a demo unit I'll let you know my results.

Razor