It Is All My Doctor's Fault....

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Yes, my enjoyment of using multiple trail cameras for the past 7 years or so is all the fault of my Cardiologist and also my Primary Care doctor. Both of them are in agreement that since I have been using my trail cameras over the years, my blood pressure has been excellent, my weight is perfect, my blood/glucose A1C level is fantastic, in fact most every level of my complete body analysis is fantastic from the latest test results. Both of my doctors advised me to keep doing exactly what I have been doing with all of my trail cameras out in the woods because it has reduced the stress levels tremendously from what they were several years ago. They know that I spend a lot of time in the woods alone just enjoying nature in a very peaceful setting. I just love seeing all of the critters on my property and it really doesn't matter too much that I haven't hunted since November 2016. I haven't really missed the hunting part much.

With all of that said, I am ONLY worried about one doctor and that one is the Psychiatrist because they probably think that I am totally crazy for spending so much time in the outdoors, and then spending so much time keeping up with all of the details of each trail camera and my record-keeping of everything involved. I must admit that I have always been a very detailed person in everything that I do.

The fact is: I DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT TRAIL CAMERAS.

Because of my trail camera experiences, I hope that you will keep comparing my photos to everyone else and you will see why I purchased more of these WGI cameras this week :

5-9-2018 FROM SIMMONS SPORTING GOODS

4 more WGI CRUSH 10, ILLUSION LIGHTSOUT Model # i10b20 CAMERAS. COST $ 49.99 EACH

5-11-18 FROM AMAZON

5 MORE WGI CRUSH 10, ILLUSION, IR FLASH MODEL # i10i20 CAMERAS. COST $ 59.55 EACH

The fact is I already had one of each of these model cameras in the woods since 8/27/2016 and both of them have worked great. They don't miss anything either because of the 1/2 second trigger speed. These cameras blend in perfectly against the tree because of the TRU-BARK Texture pattern and I don't have to try to use any limbs etc to hide them. These two models both have bungee cords for attachment.

I've never spent over a $100 for any of my WGI cameras and all of them have been a bargain for me over the past 7 years or so now. All of the WGI cameras have been very simple to program, install and set up on the trees etc. I do keep excellent records on every camera, every set of batteries that are installed and their complete service life as well. I actually check EVERY brand new battery Duracell Quantum battery at home before I go to my property up in the country. After checking them, I put 8 Quantums in a small "Snack-size" ziploc bag and have a piece of paper that shows what date that I bought them from Sam's Club. These all check at 1.61-1.62 volts when new.

I can tell you that once you get down to ONE BAR of battery life left, your overall performance on any camera greatly diminishes. I do my best to go ahead and change-out the batteries on any camera that has reached down to that level. I use that piece of paper inside of the zip-loc bag to write down what camera location that I am changing out and I bring that piece of paper home with the used up batteries and makes notes in my notebook of the results. When I get back, most of these batteries actually check at around 1.20 - 1.30 volts too at the one bar level. I also check every battery with a CEN-TECH digital multimeter from each camera location when they are removed and brought back home. Every detail of this voltage information is cataloged so that I can make an accurate assessment of every camera that I have in the woods.

In the case of the LIGHTSOUT camera above, I installed the original Quantum batteries on 8/27/2016 and I had to change the batteries on 7/18/2017 when it reached the ONE BAR level. This camera also took 12,401 photos during this time. It checked at 1.30 volts remaining at that time. This current set of batteries is still in use as of now.

In the case of the IR camera above, I installed the original batteries on 8/27/2016 and I had to change the batteries on 9/3/2017 when it reached the one bar level. This camera took 8,576 photos during this time. It checked at 1.30 volts remaining at that time. This current set of batteries is still in use as of now.

I also love my WGI RAZOR 10 LIGHTSOUT cameras because they have done a fantastic job on battery life by lasting 12-14 months. I currently have 8 of those in service.

Over the past 7 years, I now also have a total of 6 "dummy cameras" located around some of the most likely entry ways to my property. If you are trespassing I will let you guess just which ones have already taken your photo or not. My only Moultrie camera that was a piece of a garbage from the get-go as it wouldn't even take a photo of my truck as I very slowly passed within 10 foot in front of it numerous times. I also have 5 various models of WGI cameras that bit the dust because of excessive heat, moisture that corroded the terminals, one camera with a sensor cover that was pecked out by a wood-pecker (I did repair it and used it another year or so before completely dying), and two really old models that just wouldn't cut on anymore no matter what. However, there are NO cameras that will last forever and ALL of these were long out of warranty at the time.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that on EVERY one of my cameras, I place a small piece of black electrical tape over the small opening that shows the "red-light" sensor as it comes on when something walks in front of it. That helps in two ways as the deer and any other critters do not see it during daytime or night time and neither does a possible trespasser. That really helps near the driveway to my gate area as I have three security cameras that also pick up a lot of various critters.

Back about 5 years or so ago at 1:36 AM, it took two photos of a very pretty, tall white lady with short blonde hair that was ONLY wearing a nice pair of fancy expensive athletic shoes and had very muscular long legs too. She was NEKKID as she ONLY had a white windbreaker draped across her shoulders. She had a very athletic build and had recently shaved her legs. I took the memory card with these photos on it to the sheriff's department and met with a nice female deputy. She uploaded it onto their computer and then said WOW what a pretty lady and you were not kidding about this camera showing lots and lots of details too. She also commented how smooth this lady's legs were as they had recently been shaved and her shoes showed lots of designs as well. Unfortunately, we never found out who this lady was........and dangit, I've been hoping to meet this lady face to face for several years now. I think that she and I could have enjoyed some serious hunting together.

One of these days, I might shake all of you up and even purchase a couple of Browning Trail Cameras for the heck of it !!!!! :D:D:D:pop::pop::pop:

I hope that all of you will have a great weekend.

Last edited:

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
The attention to detail would send me to the doctor. lol. I'm glad you had good luck with them WGI cams. I said I'd never buy another, I did. It lasted one week. I really like the Moultrie A-35's I got for 60 with batteries and a 8gb card. I wish I had 20 of them. I left one out from mid Nov to opening of turkey and had 2500 pics on a scrape. The only expensive cameras I get are time lapse ones, because I get them sent cellular. I enjoy getting pics too. Problem is my son loads the regular camera pics in his Iphone and I never see most of them. lol

N

NantucketShedHunter

The Chinese have come a long way since that Game Spy. You would be impressed with Moultrie's cameras now.

Jim Boyd

Your detail is wonderful and I love your updates!

I bought 10 WGI and they all sucked.

I called WGI and they were worse than indifferent.

Think I have about 4-5 of them still running (the rest simply died over a very short period of time) and I only use them for very close work or side by side with other cameras.

The capture rate of the WGI is about 10-20% of any other camera I use when mounted side by side.

Like EE, I often buy many cams at the time. I bought 5 lower end Primos yesterday and am going to give them a try. Most will probably end up in Illinois on trail / fence crossing duty.... again, close in work.

When I want true dependability, I use Bushnell cams.

I am also testing some of the lifetime warranty Cabela’s units and so far, so good. Only have two and I will see them again in September when I go to Illinois to set up for November 2018.

Great work EE!

PappyHoel

You have lots of time to spend in the woods to keep your WGI cams running. Got it. I like my reconyx.

shdw633

I don't believe you have a camera that can see that much detail as to being able to see a lady in the night had freshly shaved legs.........send me the pic so I can see for myself!! :biggrin2:

Jim Boyd

Tricky, tricky - Shadow.

Me thinks u just want to SEE the lady.....

shdw633

Tricky, tricky - Shadow.

Me thinks u just want to SEE the lady.....

No.....No....this is all about picture quality. ;) Who knows, I might buy one of those cameras based on the quality of that pic. :fine:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
No.....No....this is all about picture quality. ;) Who knows, I might buy one of those cameras based on the quality of that pic. :fine:

He might buy 6 or so, based on the address of the lady with the white blazer

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You have lots of time to spend in the woods to keep your WGI cams running. Got it. I like my reconyx.

I have half a dozen running. I check them every couple months. Change batteries about every 8 months. The ones I put out three years ago are still running 24/7/365. What am I missing? (Well, except a couple stolen trail cams. I'm sure glad they were $49 WGIs instead of Reconyx.)

PappyHoel

I have half a dozen running. I check them every couple months. Change batteries about every 8 months. The ones I put out three years ago are still running 24/7/365. What am I missing? (Well, except a couple stolen trail cams. I'm sure glad they were $49 WGIs instead of Reconyx.)

I already know you’re a wgi fan boy that’s well established. My wgi adventures ended 8 years ago after I bought 6 for around $80 a piece and ALL of them quit working within a month. I sent them back and customer service was awesome , they gave me the newer version, No Questions asked. They all lasted another month. Missed pictures, shutting off with full batteries, fitghting to get the sd card to recognize. So I bought a Reconyx for the same amount.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Question for you WGI fans. I owned an older one. It lasted a week. Are the newer WGI cameras reliable? Are you getting more than a week out of them?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Question for you WGI fans. I owned an older one. It lasted a week. Are the newer WGI cameras reliable? Are you getting more than a week out of them?

If you are actually serious, and didn't bother to read the thread: Once again, I have several that have been running THREE YEARS 24/7 so far with no issues. Out of the six WGIs that I have bought so far over the last few years, I have had 0 (zero) problems or issues out of any of them so far. None. Draw your own conclusions, maybe myself and a few thousand other people are just lucky?

N

NantucketShedHunter

Thanks Hillbilly. I never read threads here. I guess it's just luck of the draw with WGI cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I already know you’re a wgi fan boy that’s well established. My wgi adventures ended 8 years ago after I bought 6 for around $80 a piece and ALL of them quit working within a month. I sent them back and customer service was awesome , they gave me the newer version, No Questions asked. They all lasted another month. Missed pictures, shutting off with full batteries, fitghting to get the sd card to recognize. So I bought a Reconyx for the same amount.

I'm not a "fan boy," I have just so far had absolutely no issues at all after buying a half dozen over the last few years. Some of them have been running nonstop for three years. They have worked well for me, so I say so. I cannot say the same for Moultrie cams. Most of these, I paid less than $50 for, and I get loads of pics.

I think the WGIs now are vastly different from the ones back in the day before the crook brothers sold them out to Plano. I also think the cheap WGIs are better quality than the expensive ones. I know dozens of folks who have run WGI cameras over the last several years with not the first problem.

Should I lie and say that they suck, just because you don't like them, even though they have worked great for me? If I had not been satisfied with them, or had had any problems with them, I would definitely say so.

shdw633