Yellow Jackets On Rampage: Kill - Die- Make Them Suffer!!

Awful yellow jacket year in Habersham Cty. Yard is covered up in those nasty little wasps. Just now calling them wasps too. Always heard them called a hornet type all my life. Looked 'em up the other day and the all the dictionarys and WikiPedia has them as wasps. Wiki does go on to say that hornets are the YJ's closest relative.

Enough hooey. Hate the little stinging bees. Killed one nest in my yard...didn't make a dent. Gotta find those other nests.

Having big fun with the Zap Racket though! Y'all gotta get one. You all know of the outdoor bug zappers that you hang up, have an electric grid and a light bulb to attract. Now they have out the same zapper idea in a handheld unit. Looks like a tennis racket. Mine uses 2 D cells, got new on ebay for a lousy $6 bucks. Works great. Advertises a 50,000 volt grid. Just touch any flying insect...pop...spark....fry...smoke....I've killed a couple of hundred yj's in the yard in the last month. Makes it much easier to kill flys and gnats in the house too.

KILL KILL KILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shoot:

EDITED FOR TYPING AROUND CENSOR

Rabbit Hunter 101

Those little Zap Rackets are neat, well worth the money too cause they actually work.

contender*

Bust up a fire ant hill and then go to town with that racket. For some reason they love fire ants.

Rich Kaminski

Sounds like a great gadget. Can I use it to slap my lazy son in the backside? Or would that be called abuse? He's 29 years old.

contender*

Sounds like a great gadget. Can I use it to slap my lazy son in the backside? Or would that be called abuse? He's 29 years old.

After 18 it's not called child abuse it's called an attitude adjustment... :bounce::bounce::bounce:

GAranger1403

Hornets are actually wasps as well they all belong to the family hymenoptera. Yellowjackets are probably the most dangerous wasp in the US. Several dozen people per year are killed by them. Most deaths occur when people unknowingly rin over their nest with lawn or farm equipment.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ya'll must be UGA fans - they don't bother me...

SWbowhunter

Yep. They are everywhere this year. Seems like the drought benefits yellow jackets and poison ivy, both seem to be having stellar years.
On a better note, looks like we may have a decent mast crop this year in NEGA.

dutchman

My place is covered with 'em, too. Never seen this many. At least I haven't found their nest with my lawnmower like that last bunch I had around here.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Awful yellow jacket year in Habersham Cty. Yard is covered up in those nasty little wasps. Just now calling them wasps too. Always heard them called a hornet type all my life. Looked 'em up the other day and the all the dictionarys and WikiPedia has them as wasps. Wiki does go on to say that hornets are the YJ's closest relative.

Enough hooey. Hate the little stinging bees. Killed one nest in my yard...didn't make a dent. Gotta find those other nests.

Having big fun with the Zap Racket though! Y'all gotta get one. You all know of the outdoor bug zappers that you hang up, have an electric grid and a light bulb to attract. Now they have out the same zapper idea in a handheld unit. Looks like a tennis racket. Mine uses 2 D cells, got new on ebay for a lousy $6 bucks. Works great. Advertises a 50,000 volt grid. Just touch any flying insect...pop...spark....fry...smoke....I've killed a couple of hundred yj's in the yard in the last month. Makes it much easier to kill flys and gnats in the house too.

KILL KILL KILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shoot:

EDITED FOR TYPING AROUND CENSOR

ok, does this contraption have a name? I don't do e-bay, so can it be found somewhere else?!?!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Bust up a fire ant hill and then go to town with that racket. For some reason they love fire ants.

the yellow jackets like the fireants? I need something that'l get rid of ants big time too!

contender*

the yellow jackets like the fireants? I need something that'l get rid of ants big time too!

They do at my house, kick over a pile and stand back!!!:hair::hair:

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hornets are actually wasps as well they all belong to the family hymenoptera. Yellowjackets are probably the most dangerous wasp in the US. Several dozen people per year are killed by them. Most deaths occur when people unknowingly rin over their nest with lawn or farm equipment.

Yep. I have to make sure I have my Epipen with me this time of year.