Have fun!

Arrow Flinger

Well, tomorrow will start 3 months of getting up at 4 am and heading for the woods for a day in the woods. Will you be burned out by December? I have seen the day when I would be so wore out and burned out that it was a chore just to get up but I still went wide open. I would make my self sit til 12pm and then back in at 2. It was set in stone. Rain or shine, cold or hot. That is the way I hunted and the longer I hunted without sucess, the more I got worked up and hunted that much harder and pushed myself that much more. About 10 years ago, it hit me. This is suppose to be fun. I made a change on that day and have not been burned out since. I hate seeing January 1st get here every year now. The difference now is that I hunt for me. I ain't got nothing to prove and no one to keep up with. I might still sit til 12 or I might be out at 9 and don't know when I will get down until I climb down. I live by the clock 5 days a week and come Saturday, as long as I get up on time, I don't have a use for one. Another change was my idea of a sucesssful hunt. Now, if I can enjoy a day of a beautiful sunrise, being with family and friends or just by myself and making it home safe. I love watching deer and that just adds to a great day. A kill? That is a great bonus but is not the reason I hunt. It use to be but that was the biggest change that really made hunting fun again. Take a minute and think about your goals this season and decide what will make it a sucess for you.

Good luck everybody!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We should all just enjoy ourselves the next 4 months no matter what. We should also remember our families still need us during that time (I am bad about this one).

Jim

Hawg

Banned
Jim Thompson said:
We should all just enjoy ourselves the next 4 months no matter what. We should also remember our families still need us during that time (I am bad about this one).

Jim

What family? You mean them people that keep everything running smooth at home while Im out having fun. :D