Just back from Canada

E

Etter1

Well. I didn't kill a bear...but I had the chance. The second night of the hunt, an average-sized bear came in to the bait. I did something really stupid and (long story short) ended up shooting him in the neck. The arrow passed right through and he ran off. We combed the woods for hours and only found one place with blood. I was sick. THat's the first animal of any kind that I've lost. I feel confident that he will survive though. A bear's neck is basically just a mass of muscle and fat. I hunted a real big, smart one the rest of the week and he never came in when I was there. Don't know how they know it but they always do.

The walleye fishing was really good though and we caught several in the 20-25 inch class. We caught a lot of pike as well, but not much to speak of. Overall, I saw two bear and about 200 deer. The guys before us had killed five already so that sort of slowed things for us. Another great trip though. I'll post pics next time I'm in Athens.

bigolebuck

To bad you lost the bear.Bears are pretty tough and he'll probably be OK.Where abouts in the Big C were you hunting?Province?Northern,southern?What outfitter were you with?

bigolebuck

SlipperyHill Mo said:
bigolebuck,

Ever heard of Bogntler Outfitters/

Hunted with them in '98.

Nope can't say that I have.Are they located here in Manitoba?How did you do in 98?Whitetail,bear?
My sister is the bear hunter in the family.I really have no interest in hunting them.My sister had 7 bears at her bait in the fall of 2003 on video just before season started and opening day nailed one at 30 yards away.Actually it was the first to come out and she got pretty exited so she took it.Then last fall she shot another.Her boyfriend set her up with a nice 308.Now that should be the greatest boyfriend ever.

SlipperyHill Mo

B O B,

They are in Poplarfield, Manitoba. I hunted bear and got a pretty nice one. They got some big deer also.

Probably won't hunt bear over bait again.

E

Etter1

I was hunting central quebec but can't disclose the outfitter. Sorry guys but he only has a small area to bear hunt and I don't like the competition if I go back. We have a lot of guys going next year. I will say though that it is located on the Gouin Reservour.