Fall 2023 recap

HunterJoe24

Guiding for this fall is officially over. Long, but super successful season. Now I get to hunt for myself for Fallow and Gredos ibex in Spain in a couple weeks. To say I’m excited is an understatement. Here’s some pics from this past fall. The bull moose is 65”. An incredible hunt. I hunted him for 8 days with 2 different hunters before he finally was in a spot to go kill him. 3D2281E8-79F7-40AF-80D3-3AA3443F22D6.jpeg

The caribou was shot from the tent when my hunter went out to use the restroom in the morning. We were sheep hunt and it was the worst weather I’ve had for a hunt. We spent 6 days sitting in a tent fogged in but still killed a great caribou and a tank black bear. The black bear meat was the best meat I’ve ever had. I think that had more to do with it being the first real meat we’d had in a couple weeks but it was still incredible. 5E0F2DBB-76B1-4BCF-99B8-382DF32A37D6.jpegFBC6FC70-8B49-4525-8C10-3C07D1FC053A.jpeg

We had a great hunt on Kodiak as well. Unheard of weather there. 10 days of sunshine. I’ve never had that kind of weather on Kodiak. Normally if you’re there for 30 days it rains 29 of them… 9.5” Billy that of course died in a terrible spot that involves ice axes and crampons to get him out. Something about goats and dying in spots like that… makes it for an adventure. Most dangerous hunt in Alaska by far. DC1D82F2-7875-4383-9EA1-42FD8521D541.jpeg

These are the standout animals from this past season. Everyone had a great, successful hunt and even though I’m glad to be back I’m already starting to look forward to spring bear season! Good luck on everyone’s hunts the rest of fall. Maybe we can share stories around a fire in the Alaska range someday.

fatback

That’s awesome. You are living a lot of young men’s dream. I know you are having to work extremely hard to make a living guiding in that type of country but the memories you are making are priceless and will last you the rest of your life. Good luck in Spain and thanks for sharing.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats and beautiful pictures ! That moose is a absolute tank