2023 Season Recap

CassGA

I wasn't sure how this season would go since we found out my wife was pregnant and due in November. I guess things tend to work out and I had one of the best seasons, filling both buck tags by opening day of rifle season.

I started getting pictures of the first buck at the end of July, right around the time I found out this piece of property was for sale and had a contract pending. Luckily I was able to still access and hunt the property until they closed. This buck started daylighting consistently about 1-2 hrs before dark, so I knew as long as permission didn't change, I would have a good chance at him opening day. As I suspected, shortly after 7:00 pm, he came into the food plot and gave me a 22 yd shot.41905 (2).jpegimage_6483441 (3).JPG

The second buck was one that i had some history with on my club from last year. In 2022, he broke half of his main beam off during the first week of November. Luckily he made it through the season and showed back up on camera the week before primative weapons season. The week leading up to opening day of rifle season, I had gotten a few day light pictures, but nothing consistent. Opening morning came, and I had planned on sitting in a ladder stand in some hardwoods, but when i woke up that morning, he was on camera 75 yds from the stand in a scrape. I elected to sit somewhere else as to not spook him out of the area. I did not see a single deer that morning. I got into the ladder stand early Saturday evening, and around 6:45 pm, he came in and bristled up to a smaller buck that was already, and thats where my last buck tag was filled 10/21/23.c230ad29-25b8-460c-a309-11d7ad226cf8.jpg20231021_201926.jpg

However the best trophy I could have asked for came a few weeks later on 11/14/23 when my wife gave birth to our son. It will be hard to top this season for sure!
20231115_133216.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great season and congrats on the new hunting partner !

slow motion

Congratulations on the birth of your son. Great season as well. Beautiful bucks.

Kebo07

Hey Nick,
Keith from the NC branch of work. Saw those Deer when Jimbo came up. So excited for you brother. Outstanding!!
Could not happen to a better guy. Hope everything is going good on your jobs.

CassGA

Hey Nick,
Keith from the NC branch of work. Saw those Deer when Jimbo came up. So excited for you brother. Outstanding!!
Could not happen to a better guy. Hope everything is going good on your jobs.
Keith, great to hear from you! I appreciate it, everything is going good. Hope all is well with you and guess I'll see you in May at the annual meeting.

Duff

Don't see how it can much better than that!!!

Congrats all the way around!!

Latest posts