Season recap for the Dupree crew

Dupree

The year started off with slow in bow season. I had one buck I wanted to kill, and he, like I figured he would, disappeared 9/15 to never be seen again.

My son started filling the freezer in October. On 3 different pieces of public land he killed a spike, a 5 point, a 6 point, an 8 point, and a doe. All of his deer were bonus deer, tagged by dnr. IMG_1077.jpegIMG_1088.jpegIMG_1089.jpegIMG_1146.jpegIMG_1169.jpeg

My daughter killed a spike on the evening of Saturday youth opener on some land I lease. IMG_1157.jpeg

No deer were harmed for a few weeks, then my wife shot a 2.5yr old spike while I was sitting with her on 11/3. The following morning I shot an older 6 point with my ravin.
IMG_1517.jpegIMG_1535.jpeg
The next weekend I spent a good many hours hunting a public land bonus hunt. I saw quite a few deer, but only ended up shooting a doe on the last day.
IMG_1683.jpeg
It was a couple weeks before another deer was taken, and it was by my daughter. Her best buck yet, a nice 8 point.
IMG_1848.jpeg

Dupree

The following weekend I killed an 8 point on a bonus wma hunt. IMG_1962.jpeg

The next few weeks I hunted a buck that had shown up at one of my places close to home. I was finally given an opportunity and shot a vine instead of the buck. He kept showing on cam and I kept hunting him, but never had another opportunity.

The week before Christmas my son killed a mature 9 point that I’d been hoping one of them would kill. I never pursued hunting him, as it would have (and did) put a bigger smile on my wife’s or one of the kid’s face.
IMG_2154.jpeg
I hunted a few times in Alabama after Christmas but got burned out on deer for the year. I’ve still got a month I could go over there or until the end of the month in extended archery here, but I’m done. I’d rather catch crappie at this point. We don’t need anymore meat. 5 of the deer we killed this year were given to people who don’t hunt but ask us to supply them a deer if we have an extra one.

For anyone who cares here’s a breakdown of the deer. All deer were shot from the ground except my public land doe and the 6 point I killed.
Wma A- 1 spike
Wma B- 5 point and doe
Wma C- 6 point, 8 point, Doe
Wma D- 8 point
Private lease- 2 spikes, 8 point, 9 point
Permission piece- 6 point.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like y'all had a great season for sure!

Arrow3

Great season. Looking forward to seeing the crappie pics coming!

Dupree

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
A season to remember for sure! I love the way the bonus hunts give us so many opportunities To get a few more bucks. Way to get after it! Congrats to the whole gang! :rockon:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Congrats on a mighty fine season!!!

Waddams

That's a full freezer at home for certain! Congratz on the harvests, and it sounds like a great fall of just family time in the woods!