My state park hunt !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve shared a picture or 2 already in the LFTT threads but decided I’d help @slow motion pass the off season a little .
So this past season I had a few points for a state park hunt and decided to use them on a park that was close to home . Chattahoochee bend state park .
I’ve got a good friend that’s hunted it a couple times over the years and he sent me to an area that he’s had success in the past . Since I already had an idea where I’d hunt I just went the day before and scouted. Only to find flags, several, and a couple trucks at the area I wanted to go . So I went riding and found another area and took off on foot . Scouted around for a few hours and found a beautiful spot to spend a couple days . With plenty of buck sign .IMG_4338.jpegIMG_4339.jpegIMG_4340.jpegIMG_4015.jpegIMG_4017.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
Got my stand hung and stopped by the camping area and met a great guy and his well behaved 4 legged hunting partner @Toliver . Talked hunting and life with him for a few and headed home .
I was back in my spot the next morning with high hopes . I had decided not to shoot the first thing I saw because all of the big buck signs I’d found . The first morning I sat til around 1 and seen 9 with only one small buck . Got down and had lunch and was right back in my tree . Pictures from my stand .IMG_4350.jpegIMG_4356.jpegIMG_4357.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
After a quick sandwich and warming up a little I was back in the same tree for the afternoon hunt . It didn’t take long and I was covered up in deer again and caught this guy slipping by at 4:30 . Not sure if he was the one that had made all the rubs in the area or if he was taking cover from all the people and shooting . But I liked him and felt blessed to take him as my first ever bonus buck . IMG_4351.jpegIMG_4353.jpegIMG_4368.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
The 2nd day I found myself back in the same tree looking for some meat and this young buck was with 5 other deer and I just picked out one of the bigger “does “ I thought and finished my state park hunt . I could have stayed and helped with some doe killing but decided I’d let them live another day .
The only bad part of this hunt is I know it’ll be a few years before I get to visit my tree again .IMG_4358.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Hot dawg! No surprise you’d get it done, but still a great feat! Way to go brother and congratulations on two nice bucks!! :cheers:

slow motion

Thanks for the entertainment brother. Great buck and mount too.

Blackston

I’m considering usin my points this year , I wouldn’t mind ya “ visiting “ your tree to give me the 411 hahaha ….. Congratulations again ! The pics I received made my day !!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think I remember your LFTT posts on the big one. He's a dandy for sure. X2 on the golden horseshoe. We're close so what do you say you let me borry it for a couple of days? I'll return it in just like new condition. :bounce:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Chatt bend is a beautiful place
Great deer! Congrats !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome, what a great hunt!

ucfireman

The 2nd day I found myself back in the same tree looking for some meat and this young buck was with 5 other deer and I just picked out one of the bigger “does “ I thought and finished my state park hunt . I could have stayed and helped with some doe killing but decided I’d let them live another day .
The only bad part of this hunt is I know it’ll be a few years before I get to visit my tree again .View attachment 1291157
Funny looking "Doe" ;)

antharper

Staff member
I’m considering usin my points this year , I wouldn’t mind ya “ visiting “ your tree to give me the 411 hahaha ….. Congratulations again ! The pics I received made my day !!!!

Blackston

P
And that’s why I say time and time again my GON folks is the best !!