Northeast south dakota whitetail hunt

csu41826

I'm going to south dakota the week of Thanksgiving to see family and will get to do some hunting on the farm while I'm up there. It is approximately 400 acres of corn and crp with a couple tree lines and 2 creeks that run through it. The land is in the far northeast corner (Marshall county), I will be bow hunting for a couple days while there.

I haven't hunted the Midwest nor have I hunted this kind of land before. Are there any scouting tips or hunting tips for the area, kind of land, or time of season I'm going anyone could give?

Thanks in advance,
Watts

Ohoopee Tusker

I've traveled and camped in the area several times while going to/from MT. Lots of open farm land up there. Some beautiful areas around the rivers. I would start by scouting the creeks or other drainage type areas. Those are usually about the only places with trees.

tad1

Shouldn’t be too difficult. Climb a tree should be able to see great and go from there. Maybe some climbing sticks trees not be a straight/ tall as the ones we have here. Once you Get an idea for whereDeer are moving, a blind could be good. Hope you’re super excited. The does up there look like football linebackers. Brutes….

DynamicDennis

I learned hunting in Northern Nebraska that 8-10 trees, plus some CRP, you got whitetails. Fewer trees = more muleys.

uturn

You’re in for a treat no matter the outcome!

Last edited: