Jr. docked 25 points and fined $10K

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I have to say that im shocked Nascar actually did it... Glad they stayed somewhat consistant..

short stop

I am a huge JR fan ! I have got to say atleast NASCAR stuck to the their guns about treating everybody the same . :banginghe SS

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Well, I'll be ******!!! :bounce:

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED AND THE POSTER HAS BEEN DOCKED 25 CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS

Skipper

Banned
Lets see, what made NASCAR what they are today?

Short tracks in the Southeast. Nope, we gotta move away from those, not enough tv viewers.

A few fist fights here and there. There's no doubt in my mind that the Cale and Donnie's fight in the Daytona leaped NASCAR forward. Nope, can't have that. Box someone in the nose for wrecking you and you'll have to sit a race or 2.

Drivers who seemed a lot like you and me. Heaven forbid one says the S word celebrating a victory. Maybe you could understand a penalty if he were fighting or fussing with another driver. I could even understand the monetary penalty, but the points is a whole other matter.

Pretty soon, overalls and Daisy Duke shorts won't be welcome at a NASCAR race. They really aren't now. After all, if you can afford a $100 ticket, you probably aren't wearing those anyway. Nascar is trying to become the preferred sport of a different crowd, and in the process are alienating their core fans.

To me, the races aren't near as fun to watch as they once were. It's almost as if they are scripted. There are too many multi car teams, too many young drivers with no reputation as a hero in the sport, and too much drive for profit by the sanctioning body. The spat with the Poweraid bottles this year illustrates that it's no longer about racing, but about promoting products and producing tv ratings.

Skipper

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I don't know Skipper?

NASCAR has been tweaking the rules, look, tracks, competition standards etc. since the beginning and all it has yielded is overcrowded tracks, souvenir licensing reciepts off the charts, TV ratings higher than any other sport and a fan base that is growing in it's demographic scope?

Sure folks complain about the little things they change and some of the rules they don't appreciate but one of the big changes they've worked very hard to implement of late is that they treat all the drivers with equal justice.

They fined and docked other drivers earlier in the season for the same violation. All the drivers knew it. They all knew the rules and as I pointed out in a previous post, if I was Tony Stewart or Busch or Gordan, I'd raise Cain if NASCAR didn't dock him.

It's NASCAR's game and they made it what it is today. Without the governing body where would the stars perform?

Without this group of stars, plenty of folks would be happy to take the wheel and do the job for them.

Skipper

Banned
Evidently it doesn't apply to Robbie Gordon. :bounce:

I think Nascar's rule and penalty section is a flow chart. If it's so in so driver, this is the penalty if it's another driver this is the penalty. I'm glad to see they showed some consitency with Jr, but I'm not really sure it's consistency given Robbie's crash of Tony Stewart.

Skipper

Arrow3

well....

I think its ** to dock him points for something so minor as a fowl word....You earn points for your racing ability on the track...He won the race fair and square...His car passed post race inspection...Now they are taking something he earned on the track away from something that happend off the track...I can see the money fines but not something thats gonna have a major impact on who is this years champion...

and yes, of course im biased!!!

Arrow3

How many NASCAR fans do you think were offended??

Perry Hayes

Robby will take care of himself. His days in cup are limited I think. The one Good thing that has not changed thru all the years is that these boys are Flying around these race tracks and that is what I like the most.Other than the restrictor plate tracks they are going faster than ever :cool: :cool: :cool:

SlipperyHill Mo

You Gotta Play by the Rules!

NASCAR made them. If you want to play in their game, you play by their rules. Simple as that.

People today don't feel like they should follow a rule just because they don't like it.

Perry Hayes

WELL................. Like I said in a previous thread:
If Dale wants to be a Champion he needs to start acting like one.
And if he don't it will take time before he makes it. The team with the most focuss will be the champ and this is a big week for it.I think we will have another dominater this week. What do you think?

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Arrow3,

Probably more than you think.

I know there is a very strong contengent of folks that believe that Little E is the next coming of his dad.

There is also a huge contengent that think he has a long, long way to go.

Also remember that there are NASCAR fans out there that are trying to raise children or simply don't like hearing that sort of language.

Don't get me wrong, I let one slip everynow & then, but I sometimes have to pay a consequence for doing so.

Skipper

Banned
It would serve Nascar right if DEI, Tony Stewart, Jimmy Spencer, and a few other drivers who seem to be under the thumb decided to run ARCA next year, and at the same time ESPN decided to air the ARCA races live, and The dissed tracks like Darlington landed a big ARCA race on Labor Day Weekend with JR, Stewart, Rusty, Bill Elliott, Ward Burton, Ken Sharder, Sterlin Marlin, Ricky Rudd, Mark Martin, Elliott Sadler and a few others with a personality of some sort.

Then we could compare notes. How many would rather watch NBC's coverage of a race in California with super stars like Scott Wimmer, Brian Vickers, and Jamie McMurray race against Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson or the alternative, ESPN carrying the Southern 500 at Darlington with a few drivers with some character about them trading paint on a traditional track in the southeast.

Skipper

H

HT2

As I stated in an earlier post........

IT'S ALL ABOUT POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be ashame if Dale Jr. comes in about "25 points" short of the Championship..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

wildcats

Nascar won't be happy till they have every driver bein referred to as a fancy lad wearin white lace gloves and driven slow enough for all the "fad fans" to read the sponsor on each car. acting like a champion....i think ya need to take a good look at a few of the real champions of this sport....this isn't polo or cricket...and those fans payin the price of those tickets aren't drinkin tea and havin crumpets :cool: