Cumberland Island Hunts

Burl E.

U hunted there before

AliBubba

Got update from National Park Services - the deadline has been pushed out to Aug 15 for applications. Hunt dates are:

> Oct 3-5 (Archery)
> Nov 14-16 and Dec 5-7 (primitive weapon)
> Dec 18-20 Audlt/Child
> Jan 9-11 and 23-25 (firearm - hogs only)

Phone: 912-882-4336 x275

waterman

Anyone got anything back from Cumberland yet??
After 6 years of fighting the heat in mid to late Oct they move it up even earlier to Oct 3-5, so we are just putting in for the Nov. Dec hunts. Hate missing the Archery only one. I have only hunted the primative weapons hunt once, had good luck but hearing gunshots seemed to take a little away.

diamondback

what are your chances

of gettin drawn for these hunts.do you get to go bout every year.they dont have rejects do they.seems like they try to make it hard to hunt there but we enjoyed the ossabaw hunts and have always thought about trying cumberland.

AliBubba

Waterman - got my pick in the mail Saturday. Got picked for the first three hunts.. Going with 4 other fellows.

HuntinRebel3

Never hunted there, but a buddy of mine has a house there (before they stopped it). I absolutely LOVE that island!!!

waterman

Finally got mine yesterday, they sent it along with my buddy's to his house. We are going to both primative hunts with or without gas(ha ha). Where do you guys usually camp, I'm trying to put a face to you. Man it's gonna be hot the 1st week of Oct.