Macro Help........... please.

T

tuffdawg

Can someone tell me why my camera wont take a picture with this lense on............. PLEASE!!!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe I have everything set to manual with it...... both switches on the body, and on the lense. This thing is driving me crazy. I have been fooling with it for a week hoping I wouldnt have to bother anybody..... But here I am. :banginghe:banginghe

Last edited:

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
td, make sure the aperture ring on the camera is set to the smallest aperture. if that ring has moved the lens won't work on a nikon. let me know if that helps !!!

T

tuffdawg

td, make sure the aperture ring on the camera is set to the smallest aperture. if that ring has moved the lens won't work on a nikon. let me know if that helps !!!

I have already been working on that. The camera will not let me adjust the aperature , and what I am seeing in the finder is F EE flashing. It wont let me do anything.

I have removed the lense and put it back on at least four times. :huh:

And no the lense cap is not on it. :rolleyes:

T

tuffdawg

Well I have pm'd with two different people, and even spoken with someone on the phone.... And it just isnt making any sense. We have sort of concluded that something must be wrong with the lense....... Or maybe even the camera operator.

Razorback

If its the loose screw behind the viewfinder..well then your SOL.:whip: jk

If that screw is torqued just right then I need a little more info ( more details gives me more info to help you) ;
Body info?
Lens info?

I'm guessing from the 'FEE' comments that it is a Nikon set up...so make sure the aperture ring is closed down to the minimum f/stop (should be 22 or 32 or some such number). There will be a little sliding switch a the base of the lens mount (it slides from the rear of the lens towards the front & vice versa). This switch will lock the aperture ring at the minimum f/stop. And then the 'FEE' should go away.

I said the above ASSUMEING its a Nikon Body w/ a Nikkor auto-focus lens. If its not a Nikkor lens or Nikon body then more info is needed.

Razor

T

tuffdawg

If its the loose screw behind the viewfinder..well then your SOL.:whip: jk

If that screw is torqued just right then I need a little more info ( more details gives me more info to help you) ;
Body info?
Lens info?

I'm guessing from the 'FEE' comments that it is a Nikon set up...so make sure the aperture ring is closed down to the minimum f/stop (should be 22 or 32 or some such number). There will be a little sliding switch a the base of the lens mount (it slides from the rear of the lens towards the front & vice versa). This switch will lock the aperture ring at the minimum f/stop. And then the 'FEE' should go away.

I said the above ASSUMEING its a Nikon Body w/ a Nikkor auto-focus lens. If its not a Nikkor lens or Nikon body then more info is needed.

Razor

That is exactly what the setup is............ and I have already tried what you have suggested. Of course the screw behind the view finder could probaly use a bottle of wine by now. :D

I have tried what you have described....... and been walked thru about an hour of options. It doesnt work. :huh:

T

tuffdawg

Ok, Sorry, Its a Nikon D80 and the lens is an AF Micro Nikkor 60 mm

Razorback

Okay I got a 60mmMicro in hand...

Switch on rear of lens;
slide toward front of lens so the orange dot & white dot DO NOT LINE UP. Then turn aperture ring to 32-note 32 is orange just like the orange dot near the white dot. AFTER you have line up the 32 on the white center line, then slide switch w/ white dot to line up w/ orange dot. Now your aperture ring should be locked in to the f/32 position.

Now there is a Limit / Full switch to the left of the display window. Slide that switch to Full. Now you can focus from infinity to as close as the lens will focus.

Above & to the left where it says "AF MICRO NIKKOR 60mm 1:2.8D" you have a white triangle pointing to either a M or A. This controls whether the lens is manually focused or auto focused and it must coincide w/ the AF switch on your camera's body ie. AF switch on body in the M position then the lens must be in the M position. If the body is in the AF s or AF c mode then the lens must be in the A position. To change to the M or A position on the lens push down on the silver button to disengage the lock so you can go from A to M or vice versa.

Okay get a big glass of wine & don't confuse orange dots, white triangles or M's or A's.

I'm out of here & will check back on Friday,
Good luck,
Ken

T

tuffdawg

Okay I got a 60mmMicro in hand...

Switch on rear of lens;
slide toward front of lens so the orange dot & white dot DO NOT LINE UP. Then turn aperture ring to 32-note 32 is orange just like the orange dot near the white dot. AFTER you have line up the 32 on the white center line, then slide switch w/ white dot to line up w/ orange dot. Now your aperture ring should be locked in to the f/32 position.

Now there is a Limit / Full switch to the left of the display window. Slide that switch to Full. Now you can focus from infinity to as close as the lens will focus.

Above & to the left where it says "AF MICRO NIKKOR 60mm 1:2.8D" you have a white triangle pointing to either a M or A. This controls whether the lens is manually focused or auto focused and it must coincide w/ the AF switch on your camera's body ie. AF switch on body in the M position then the lens must be in the M position. If the body is in the AF s or AF c mode then the lens must be in the A position. To change to the M or A position on the lens push down on the silver button to disengage the lock so you can go from A to M or vice versa.

Okay get a big glass of wine & don't confuse orange dots, white triangles or M's or A's.

I'm out of here & will check back on Friday,
Good luck,
Ken

I did all of this. And I am still getting "FEE" :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:cry::cry::cry: I really needed this lense today. :cry::banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

P.S. I even tried it sober. :banginghe:banginghe

DRB1313

Sorry your are having trouble TD and I wish I could
help, but I don't know the Nikon that well.
Razorback and them know their stuff, so I don't know what to say.

rip18

Did you get it figured out? Usually with FEE it is the aperture ring, low battery, or something like that....