Encore 45 cal barrel twists???

twoshoes

Hey Y'all,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the following:

1.) What is the rate of twist for the TC Encore 45 cal black powder barrels?

2.) Why the 45 caliber was discontinued in the TC Encore rifles?

3.) Are the 45 caliber Encore barrels good quality and accurate?

Let me know.:flag:

stevetarget

1. you have to measure the twist, they have changed from time to time because of accuracy issues.
2. Sales is always the problem, 45 cal is not legal in some states when you use a sabot since the bullet is no longer 45 caliber.
3. Factory barrels have worked well for me.

Retired Army Guy

I have a Knight Disk Extreme in 45. I do not know the twist off the top of my head.
A 45 shoots much flatter than a 50. They tend to loose some horse power though at the longer ranges and this hampers bullet performance. (expansion & penetration)
With todays technology you can over come that. I use the Barnes all copper bullets with high pressure Sabots. These bullets will perform! With this set up you have a rifle that shoots much flatter than a 50 cal and puts game down.

Bad bullet performance at longer rages with lead and Power belt bullets would be my guess as to why the 45 doesn't sell as good. This is not a commercial for Barnes all Copper Bullets but if ya wana go long with a 45 they're a must!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
1 ---my SS 45 appears to be 1 in 28 ??? by the brush / cleaning rod --- marking the rod system measuring it turning - but call TC they will tell you good folks on customer service 2 ----lack of sales - everybody wanted 50's not 45's they made limited runs for a year or two - it took me several years to find a good used one-I've seen one here on Woody's recently- do a search for it . 3-- don't know yet haven't taken mine to the range yet:(:(