Reasonably priced scope for a .44?

fishndinty

Guys,
I am getting on the handgun hunting bandwagon bigtime. Picked up a ruger super redhawk 9.5 inch barrel recently with scope rings. What's the least expensive handgun scope I can put on it and expect it to hold zero? I have seen some Swift brand handgun scopes around that looked pretty decent; anyone have any experience with them or others?

I had a Simmons LER 2x20 on my Redhawk .44 Magnum for a while before I got a Leupold M8 EER 2x20 off the site for $140. You should be able to pick up a Simmons for around $75 used off the site, but I'd look for a used Leupold.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
I had a Swift 4X on my Encore .44 Mag and it performed very well. The guy that I sold the barrel to is still using it as far as I know.

I have a SRH 9.5" as well and if I ever decide to scope it, I will probably put a Swift on it.

Apex Predator

I've done bunches of research on this very topic recently, and I think I'm gonna buy a Weaver Classic. Check out Midway and the reviews on these pistol scopes.

fi8shmasty

Check out Simmons Aetec scopes. I picked up a Pro hunter and I have been very satisfied with it.

GSPKurt

Swift scopes are very well made and carry a lifetime warranty. I have 2 right now, but not handgun scopes. I use a reflex style sight on my Super Redhawk 9.5" in .454 Casull.

Link here-
Ultra Dot Pan-A-V