Bowfishing Ga. saltwater?

Brian Smith

It all depends on where your at Im pretty sure! Different places you can shoot different thing and how many you can shoot.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
You can currently shoot redfish in Georgia.

Just make sure you've measured them correctly to be sure they're in the slot.

????????????

:confused::confused: Yall can do better than that.

Are you serious about the red fish? What about
sting rays or sharks?

:confused::confused: Yall can do better than that.

Are you serious about the red fish? What about
sting rays or sharks?

Frydaddy40, I don't have a good feeling on this. Leave the bow at home when you go to the beach in Georgia. I just ain't seeing much here.

wack em

I would say that saltwater bowfishing regulations would fall under the category of spearfishing.

Brian Smith

I agree with you wack em! Ive never shot salt water but know some friends that have. Different places you can shoot different fish.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Redfish are legal to shoot with archery equipment.

Don't take my word for it-look it up in the regs.

As retarded as it sounds, the redfish is not currently listed as a game fish in Georgia.

Thanks guys

Thanks for all the info, i got a buddy i will ask so we
can get the rules in stone. I'll get back with the regs.:biggrin2:

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
BB-SurfandTurf07039.jpg

i shot this ray a couple years ago........in salt water:bounce: in FL.....removable floats are a must for shooting big ray's:cheers:

seaweaver

what ever you shoot, it better meet the size limit if there is one.
That is one thing behind the recent push behind making the Red Fish a state Game fish(not only) to protect it from archers as the opportunity to size a fish is moot w/ a hole in it. If you can size one by eye, I would have no problem w/it, but it could lead to fish being killed out side the slot. To shoot flounder...would not provide the same thrill I'm afraid...to see one you would need to be right over the top of one...That's when we use a gig.

cw

G Duck

The regs are a gray area when it comes to Bowfishing in Saltwater.
I dont think you can legally shoot flounder, and I dont know why in the world you would want to. Your arrow would be in China. Or if over a live shells, your arrow would be trashed. Its too easy to gig them. What Seaweaver Said, Ditto. My opinion.

rifleroom

Can you bow fish on the coast of Georgia. Like around the north jetties. For Sheepshead?

Can you bow fish on the coast of Georgia. Like around the north jetties. For Sheepshead?

If you can see a sheepshead in that rough water and shoot it, I say go for it. You've earned it at that point, laws or no.

Earlier in this thread we had Mechanical Dawg stating yes, it's legal to shoot fish w/ bow in Ga saltwater. But he couldn't provide a source for this info. He was making a different point anyway.

tthaw06

i've shot some fish on the coast i asked a few of my captain buddies about it and we couldn't find anything that said it was illegal, didn't see anything that said it was legal either... it's really fun though.

Sea-N-Double

I've shot Barracuda at the bouys before. Called DNR before I went and they referred me to the feds. Called them and they said that they couldn't find anything against it to check with DNR which I had already done. Called DNR back and they gave me the go ahead. Cudas are not listed as a game fish.

Went and had a blast. We tied the arrows to a large spinning rod with braided line. Would stick them with the bow and fight them in on rod and reel. Best of both worlds.