Cohutta WMA Regs

Seitzjw

Hey all,

First year hunting in GA, but grew up hunting in PA.

A friend and I are planning to go hunt Cohutta next Thurs-Sat for deer, which I’m interpreting in this year’s regs as Buck-only archery at this time.

I’m a little confused because the regs book states “Deer and bear”, but the statewide regs state firearms season for bear. I’d be interested in trying to chase a bear down if I find some sign, but don’t know if my bow would be a legal weapon.

Does anyone know for sure how I should read this? If not, I’ll try to call the game office on Monday.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize, feel free to migrate the post or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

ddd-shooter

Hey all,

First year hunting in GA, but grew up hunting in PA.

A friend and I are planning to go hunt Cohutta next Thurs-Sat for deer, which I’m interpreting in this year’s regs as Buck-only archery at this time.

I’m a little confused because the regs book states “Deer and bear”, but the statewide regs state firearms season for bear. I’d be interested in trying to chase a bear down if I find some sign, but don’t know if my bow would be a legal weapon.

Does anyone know for sure how I should read this? If not, I’ll try to call the game office on Monday.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize, feel free to migrate the post or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
IMG_5110.jpeg
You can kill a buck or a bear with archery equipment from Dec 4-January 1 in Cohutta.
No rifles. No does. No sows with cubs. No cubs under 75 pounds.

kevin17

Shoot all the bear you want out there!!

Naw don’t do that, they will throw you under the jail.

Good luck hope you get a bear. Keep is posted how you do

35 Whelen

Watch out for a bear decoy.

chrislibby88

For clarity, WMAs follow separate regulations than the general statewide seasons. The state season apply to private lands. If you want less restrictions look into the National Forest. National Forest follows similar to statewide seasons with some exceptions. I believe you can hunt bear/bucks on NF with a center fire rifle or lesser equipment right now but double check that.

Latest posts