Fishing pranks!

Mauiboy

Just got through reading some funny practical jokes over on the hunting forum and I was going to post this one there but decided to "fish" some pranks from out of you guys. Anyway, here is one I pulled on a working buddy a few years ago.

We were down in Destin Florida (Eglin Airforce Base) on a field trip doing some aircraft testing for Lockheed Martin, well, we had a day off and planned a fishing charter on one of the local boats.

Six of us went, this guy, I'll call Leon was a big fisherman! He decided to bring his bass pole, told the Capt. he was going to troll it behind the boat just to see....Capt. said if something hits that thang his $5 plastic bait was history :D

Well, he was head strong, after about 30 min of trolling no bites on any lines. Each of us manning a pole waiting for the sound of the running reel, Eds pole was first, nice King, than Bill's. Well, that was it, another hour went by no action. Leon was sitting on the back of the boat with his bass pole over his shoulder facing forward.

I looked at Bill (our supervisor) and said " I think Leon is a sleep" he looked at the others and we all shook our heads and started to laugh and that's when it hit me :D I slowy eased my way next to him and hanked the heck out of his line! He jumped up and started yelling "fish on! fish on! Capt. Fish on!" The Capt turned aroung a seen Leon reeling his line in as fast as he could, with me beside him encouraging him to hurry" you don't want to lose him" I say.

With the boat moving and his $5 bait draggin' it felt to Leon he had something, I kept on him "come on bring him in!" he kept reeling and yelling! fish on! fish on! Everyone was laughing and rolling around the deck, it was pandemonium! Then, all of a sudden, his line bird nested at the top of his pole.
He says to me "help me!" So I reach up and start un-doing his line, both of us working frantically to un-do the mess. we get it un-tangled and resume the reeling, He gets the line almost to the boat and I see that he bait is gone!

I say "Leon you lost him, dang it" He starts cusin' "#$%@, he was a big one man, I had him, @%$@&^ @%$*@$&! He said it almost pulled his arm out of his socket it was so big!

The Capt. realized what happened and couldn't stop laughing either, every where he went he told his stroy of the big one that almost pulled off his arm. We got back to Marietta and told the whole plant!

If you thought that was cruel, check this out, No one on that boat that day told him what really happened! :D Until about 9 months later...... I heard braggin again and finally told him what had happened, you should have seen the look on his face :eek: Priceless!

Lets hear some of your funny fishing pranks.

Be safe,

Allan

L

loouuii

Scuba diving in Hawaii.

My dive partner and I brought our sons along to fish while we dove. Both of us had speared some fish to take home. We surfaced for a rest before our next dive. The boys didn't catch anything.

As we were rolling in for our next dive we both grabbed a fish and followed their fishing lines to the bottom. We then hooked the fish on and proceeded with our dive.

When we surfaced again both boys eyes were about as big as silver dollars and both had the same tale of a fight that you :D wouldn't believe.

My son found out about this prank many years later when we were all sitting around telling stories. ::huh:

Loafy

The best one i have seen took place at a bass tourney on the savannah river 2 years ago. One of the guys was doing the usual bragging and windblowing before the tourney started. The guy was at teh way in spot and had left his boat in the water.
My partner eased over there and took his favorite baitcaster with his favorite spinner bait tied on. He had been bragging about all of the fish he would catch with his "go to" bait.
My buddy pulled about 50 feet of line off the reel and cut it. Then he wound the line back on the reel and put it back in place.

About 10 minutes before the launch time all of the boats were milling around. GUys were tying on baits and making sure gear was set. The blowhard picks up his rod. Checks the drag, and then makes a cast "just to see if it works".

the spinner bait flew off with 50 feet of line flying behind it. The look on his face was priceless.

Of course it did not faze him. HE just started fussing about the crumy tilene line.

BlackKnight755

Early one morning I went outside to leave for a fishing tournament to find that several of my baitcasters baits had been thrown over the power service line leading to my house and had been reeled up so they were off the ground about 10 feet to the handles. After I had went inside the night before, a couple of my "buddies" thought that we would all have a good laugh off of this, little did they know they were starting a war...

One of the first things that I did to one of the pranksters was spending about 2 hours one night re-tying his lines with live bait rigs like a #10 hook and a cork that Jaws couldnt sink, and tiny corks with huge "gator" hooks. You should have seen the expression on his face when he started pulling his rods out of the locker the next morning getting ready for the tournament.

One of the pranksters even somehow got his telephone number published for 2 weeks in one of our local free swap-sell giveaway publications along with an add stating that he had free goats and chickens, call after 9:00 pm.

Needless to say, I lock the compartments on my boat and carry the keys with me from now on.

Mr. Fishunt

We were musky fishing in Northern Wisconsin several years back and I put a 12" dead sucker in my friends tackle box on the last hour of the trip.
A week later, we were back home and he was organizing his stuff and opened his tackle box in the kitchen and promptly threw up.

Regards,

Mr. Fishunt

Rebel 3

I watched a show one time about a game warden and his career out west. One time he was trying to catch a group of people who were fishing illegally for salmon after dark. He never could get there because from the road you could see for miles at night. They would see his truck lights and hang a lantern on someones porch that would let the fisherman know that someone was on the way. They were always gone when he arrived. Finally he hiked a long ways from the other side of the river and brought his wet suit. He crossed the river and grabbed hold of one of the men's lines. He was using a salt water bait casting outfit. The game warden ran him up and down the river and could hear him talking about what a monster he had. The game warden finally let him start realing him in. When he got close enough that they could see him see just said state ranger I need to see your fishing license. He said they just stood there shocked. After fining them he walked straight back into the river and disapered leaving them clueless. He never had a problem with them again. :p