Great day on the water with Jody Hawk and his grandson.

Arrow3

Some of you know and some don't but Jody's grandson is fighting his second battle with cancer at just 15 years old. Man, he's a great , tough kid and I know he can beat this mess.

I had told Jody that anytime he felt like going that I'd like to take him fishing. We had planned on going to Clarks Hill but changed up and decided on Oconee at the last minute because of all the rain we had gotten . My places on the hill were gonna be blood muddy.

It turned out to be a great decision. After about 45 minutes of riding and looking I found some fish and we dropped the long lines. We wound up catching somewhere between 25 and 30 . Taking home 17 nicest ones. We had at least 6 good ones come off at the boat.

Brayden had big fish of the day at 1.7lbs.

I hope to take them out again to Clarks Hill soon!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1709835356028.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709835356028.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 128
  • FB_IMG_1709835358878.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709835358878.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 126
  • FB_IMG_1709835362834.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709835362834.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 126

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great fish and a great day ! I bet that fishing trip got his mind off of his problems , if only for a short time it was worth it . Prayers for him and good job Arrow

Whitefeather

Management Material
Some of you know and some don't but Jody's grandson is fighting his second battle with cancer at just 15 years old. Man, he's a great , tough kid and I know he can beat this mess.

I had told Jody that anytime he felt like going that I'd like to take him fishing. We had planned on going to Clarks Hill but changed up and decided on Oconee at the last minute because of all the rain we had gotten . My places on the hill were gonna be blood muddy.

It turned out to be a great decision. After about 45 minutes of riding and looking I found some fish and we dropped the long lines. We wound up catching somewhere between 25 and 30 . Taking home 17 nicest ones. We had at least 6 good ones come off at the boat.

Brayden had big fish of the day at 1.7lbs.

I hope to take them out again to Clarks Hill soon!
:cheers:

hawkeye123

Attaboy Brandon! Well done, great day!, water just looks stained at Oconee, not muddy, wish I had water that pretty out back

Arrow3

Attaboy Brandon! Well done, great day!, water just looks stained at Oconee, not muddy, wish I had water that pretty out back
It had a good stain to it where we were fishing on the lower end. Everything on the upper end was super muddy.

Latest posts