Interesting day at Russell

BassRaider

Met my buddy yesterday to fish Russell. Put in at the State Park and went up river. So much floating debris, it formed islands. Only caught a couple of bass and then went south of the park and hit main lake points. On 3 points within sight of each other, we caught 32 bass, largest at 3lbs. Got tired of cranking and went with the old man C-rig with Zoom finesse worms of various greens. We missed or broke off just as many between 11 & 3pm. Was a great day considering the previous day at Lanier, only caught 3.
This also happened: My buddy got bit and lost his worm, then I got bit and lost my worm. The next cast, I caught a fish and it still had our worms in its mouth. First time at Russell this year and the drive was worth it. Just had to share.

Burton

That was a hungry fish.

I was fishing Hartwell years ago and throwing a carolina rig. I set the hook and broke off "man, that must have been a good one!". I went to the other side of the dock, got a bite, set the hook, and reeled in a 13 inch spot. I recovered my hook and worm from it's mouth that I had just broken off.

KKrueger

One evening a bass took my buddy's worm. Next cast I got the bass and the worm. A while later he had a bass take his worm again. I said "I'll get it back for you" and did. Doubt I could repeat that in a lot of lifetimes.

Sounds like you had quite a great day on the water. Congrats!

Skeeter XRi

Sounds like a great day!

This is looking down the throat of one of Russell’s 2 pound spots. It’s a little hard to tell, but there are two tubes in its throat and another stuck in the lip. When they decide it’s dinner time they really get after it.

jim

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 27

ryork

Met my buddy yesterday to fish Russell. Put in at the State Park and went up river. So much floating debris, it formed islands. Only caught a couple of bass and then went south of the park and hit main lake points. On 3 points within sight of each other, we caught 32 bass, largest at 3lbs. Got tired of cranking and went with the old man C-rig with Zoom finesse worms of various greens. We missed or broke off just as many between 11 & 3pm. Was a great day considering the previous day at Lanier, only caught 3.
This also happened: My buddy got bit and lost his worm, then I got bit and lost my worm. The next cast, I caught a fish and it still had our worms in its mouth. First time at Russell this year and the drive was worth it. Just had to share.

That's one of those days that doesn't happen too often! Congrats!