Etowah Stripe Tournament

tween_the_banks

It's gonna be hosted by JoJo's store off Euharlee Road. Anybody attending?

FishinMech

Let me know when it is

tween_the_banks

It's tom. from safe light til four and there is a gravel boat ramp off of Euharlee road right at the city limit sign by the sod strip.
There's probably more but I've yet to be blessed with a river boat set up. Money, you know how that goes.
But there are two more this year hosted by the same store for those of you who've missed this one.
I'll def. keep you guys posted.
Sorry for the late heads up.

bikegod66

tournament

there goes the neighborhood

give us a count of how many boats get holes in them

i hope you guys can get those fish back to the river alive

bassboy1

Is that ramp public, and how exactly do you get there, say from the railroad crossing on Euharlee road?

tween_the_banks

If you turn off of highway 113 onto Euharlee rd the sod strip is about a mile and a half on the left you cant miss it or the gravel road, and it is public, a little rough though.
10.55 won it today the was a killer turn out.
I just don't understand how all these high-tech rednecks with their big fancy boats only produce a 10.5 fish, I mean my dad and I have already caught 2 over 12 this year from the bank with are spare evening time.
I wished I could afford one of those boats.
Anyways, I'm not sure when the next tourn is, probably in a week or so.
I'll keep you guys posted though.

tween_the_banks

Oh, one more thing, if anybody is interested in the next tournament or is interested in just fishing the Etowah from the bank I could really use a fishing partner. All my friends have gotten to where they'd rather talk about fishing than rather doing it.

FishingAddict

If you turn off of highway 113 onto Euharlee rd the sod strip is about a mile and a half on the left you cant miss it or the gravel road, and it is public, a little rough though.
I just don't understand how all these high-tech rednecks with their big fancy boats only produce a 10.5 fish, I mean my dad and I have already caught 2 over 12 this year from the bank with are spare evening time.
I wished I could afford one of those boats.
Anyways, I'm not sure when the next tourn is, probably in a week or so.

results may have had to do with the fact that it's the first day they have not generated in weeks.

Glad to hear no big ones were killed ;)

tween_the_banks

That's very true.
I always tell myself when entering those tournaments that if I catch one I'm going to somehow keep it alive, however, they're so hard to keep alive, esp the big ones.
It's like the big ones just give up after the fight.
I thought the stripe in my default was going to die but we snapped 3 shots and saved him.
I hate to see a striper die.

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
a little rough though.
I just don't understand how all these high-tech rednecks with their big fancy boats only produce a 10.5 fish,

Son I will guarantee you that there where alot bigger fish caught on the Coosa River today by the ( High-tech rednecks ) as you like to call them then 10 lbs. Almost all your TRUE striper fishermen would rather fish for fun and release the big ones then fish some Mom and Pop tournament....Big fish should always be release...( My Opinion )

RE

Dupree

Son I will guarantee you that there where alot bigger fish caught on the Coosa River today by the ( High-tech rednecks ) as you like to call them then 10 lbs. Almost all your TRUE striper fishermen would rather fish for fun and release the big ones then fish some Mom and Pop tournament....Big fish should always be release...( My Opinion )

RE

yep, i caught one that was 20lbs

tween_the_banks

I'm sure there were bigger ones caught, it's a bigger river.
And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "high-tech rednecks", I just feel, given the equipment, I could've caught a bigger fish than 10.5 .

And as far as the release issue goes, I agree, it's just that $400 is alot of money to pass up for someone "low-tech" like myself. Besides even if one were to die by my hook, I'd eat it to do away with the vainly conscience that tends to conjure within me after an animals death.

I've only had two die on me since I've been fishing for them and that's because the hooks were swallowed.

FishingAddict

I would NEVER eat a big fish out of the Etowah...the cancer causing PBCs loaded in the river get at high levels with bigger fish.

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
I would NEVER eat a big fish out of the Etowah...the cancer causing PBCs loaded in the river get at high levels with bigger fish.

Heck I wouldn't eat one out of Allatoona either. Lake Acworth isn't nothing more then a large septic tank that spills in to Toona......

jeff gerrin

Its not high-tech equipment that catches big fish. Its having the knowledge and putting in the time that produces big fish on a regular bases.