Camo-ing the metal on a Shotgun?

Double Barrel BB

I just bought a used Remington 870 Express, and the stock is already Camoed, Realtree Hardwoods Green. I was just wondering if anyone knew of the easiest way to camo the rest of the gun, plus the scope? I have looked into the Camo Clad stuff, but I heard awhile back that you can send your gun off to get dipped, anyone ever heard of this? And have a clue how much it cost?

Thanks
DB BB

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
camo

I have a 12 guage pump, camo'ed it about 30 years ago with the three colors of bow camo paint. Gave it a base of the brown, shadowed with dark green, then layed ragweed leaves on the gun and shadowed leaves with light green. The paints a little worn now, but the gun has never rusted and a couple times I've had trouble finding it laying in the grass. Also had a hen try and jump on my barrel once while I was waiting for the gobbler. Great camo and no shine.

S

spraggins

son, i'm w/ ya' there. all my regular hunting guns are custom home camoed. can't see paying that much money for designer camo. i've got an old wingmaster that belonged to paw-paw, it's been painted for 30 yrs at least. don't shine and no rust.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tell ya about my ol gun

It was back in the 60's when a fellow I knew bought this ol pump from Sears and Roebucks along with a box of five buckshot. After season he decided he wasn't in need of it any longer and offered to sell it to me. I denied until he said 30 dollars, so I said bring it over. I have some expensive shotguns, but you know which one I always take. Yep, you guessed it, that ol camoflaged 30 dollar shotgun. Done forgot how many turkeys it's taken, how many quail it's brought down, but easily remember taking a big six point buck in central Fl at 70 yards running with # 1 buckshot. It patterns 6, 7, 8's, # 4's and #1 buckshot so good I wouldn't trade it for a six legged mule.